Krastorio 2

An overhaul mod focusing on end-game technologies and moderately increased complexity.

Overhaul
6 months ago
0.18 - 1.1
Transportation Logistics Trains Combat Armor Mining Fluids Logistic network Manufacturing Power Storage

g Using edited images from Krastorio2

3 years ago

Hello Linver!

I made a mod, which creates some more tiers of science packs (made for vanilla), and I got a request, that says, he managed to load up Krastorio2 and Space exploration with my mod, but it not works as it intented, could I do something with it?. I got it a 'somewhat working shape' (only logical, when your tech card recipes are set to vanilla recipes with your setting), but the icons are still vanilla-flavoured.

My question is, can I edit and use your images, for those new science packs (tech cards)
I have already read the FAQ:Q19, but I am still not sure in the answer.

I am using the Unlicensed 'license', and with the fact, that I do not know how these licenses are working, I do not want to change to GNU.
My mod is not made to be an addon to your mod, I just want to make a minor compatibility with it.
But the images would be only used by my mod, if Krastorio2 is used too (I think this makes sense)

The tech cards would look like something like this: https://imgur.com/YHdbSTE

Thank you in forward for your response!
PS.: In the case if you do not allow to use the images, I will delete the prepared ones.

2 years ago

+1

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

If you wish to use art from K2, I'm pretty sure you need to switch to GPL. Sorry!

2 years ago

Thank you for your answer, well then I will keep it as it is.

2 years ago

is it fine if we only use string reference the icon image?
I don`t really fully understand how GPLv3 work...,
but if we can do so,then we might be able use "icons" to stack mutiple icon with different offset,
therfore,kind of bypass the License.(by only editing the prototype,without actually editing or redistribute the image or any code section your mod current has)

2 years ago

If you're not using actual code or other assets from K2, you're fine. This includes if your mod depends on K2 and uses its graphics files by sourcing them from K2 itself. That is perfectly acceptable under whatever license you want.

2 years ago

Thank you meifray and raiguard, I posted the update. Sadly the tier 4 is clipping, bugging, but I hope it is not a big problem.