Krastorio 2

An overhaul mod focusing on end-game technologies and moderately increased complexity.

Overhaul
6 months ago
0.18 - 1.1
Transportation Logistics Trains Combat Armor Mining Fluids Logistic network Manufacturing Power Storage

i Mineral water filtering

3 years ago

Someone must have probably suggested this already, but it would be cool if we could filter mineral water to "normal" water. I'm playing with space exploration, and I've noticed that many waterless planets have mineral water deposits. Waterless planets are a pain to colonize because the only power sources available are fluid generator (still needs to transport fluid fuel somehow), burner generator (useless if the planet also doesn't have coal) and solar panels (possible, but really inconvenient if it's one of those 50% solar planets). Being able to mine mineral water and use as "normal" water would be very helpful.
Another small thing, can you make loaders work in space, or add a space loader?

2 years ago

I suggest using the atmosphere condenser to get water. Doesn't give much, but is a way to do so easily that already exists in the mod. And since you mentioned other planets, I assume you have space exploration added as well; which means you can use condenser turbines to preserve the water.
Here's the reactor design that I use: factorioprints link