Krastorio 2

An overhaul mod focusing on end-game technologies and moderately increased complexity.

Overhaul
6 months ago
0.18 - 1.1
Transportation Logistics Trains Combat Armor Mining Fluids Logistic network Manufacturing Power Storage

i Industrial Revolution and Space Exploration Together

3 years ago

I know this is a long shot but just sharing a dream. If I'm not mistaken Krastorio 2 is already compatible with Space Exploration and in an upcoming release it will also be compatible with Industrial Revolution 2 again. I know Space Exploration is incompatible with Industrial Revolution 2, but would it be possible that Krastorio 2 could potentially be used as a 'bridge' of sorts to make those 2 mods compatible? I imagine this would take more work than what is presently planned, but that would be such an incredible lineup of overhaul mods. Industrial Revolution 2 for the early game, Krastorio 2 for the mid game, and Space Exploration for the end game. Sorry if this is an unreasonable ask, I've only dabbled with the Factorio modding API so I don't know how far fetched this might be.

3 years ago

Sorry, it's just not ever going to happen. There are too many things different about the mods. Earandel and Linver had a chat and decided not to support it for this reason.

3 years ago

Fair enough, pretty much what I was expecting but just had to ask. Thanks for all the incredible work you all collectively do. Krastorio is my favorite overhaul and it's fantastic that you're actively supporting compatibility with Space Exploration.
Any word on when the next update is coming out? Really looking forward to playing it alongside Industrial Revolution.

3 years ago

The next update is waiting on Krastor to finish some assets, so I don't know when it'll be out. I'm also still working on some internal improvements that will be in the update. Thanks for your patience!