Krastorio 2

An overhaul mod focusing on end-game technologies and moderately increased complexity.

Overhaul
6 months ago
0.18 - 1.1
Transportation Logistics Trains Combat Armor Mining Fluids Logistic network Manufacturing Power Storage

g Cant Crush Stone?

3 years ago

Recently updated to Factorio 1.1, and now i cant crush stone, regardless. i have uninstalled all other mods, tried uninstalling the game and adding krastorio 2 after a fresh install, and still have the same issue, any help would be appreciated, really want to try this mod, but it seems sand is really important all the way through.

3 years ago

Im on the latest 1.1 as of typing this. I have not seen any issues directly with Krastorio. Have you tried to pick up the crusher?

3 years ago

yes, everything else seems to work properly, i cant get it to register Stone as a valid input, seems to be the only major issue i come across. It gives me Stone Cannot Be Smelted message on attempting to add it to the grinder, everything else works as its supposed to (so far). I have also loaded up creative mode and started chucking random things in it to see what cant be processed and cant find anything else.

3 years ago

Sand is made in a crusher, not a grinder. Are you using any mods that alter ores, internal ID's, or recipes other than Krashtorio in that save?
When I hover over Stone, in blue it says "Base mod > Krastorio 2". The "Base mod" is just vanilla factorio.

3 years ago

crusher, yes, thats what im using just used the wrong name there. Stripped the game down to just Base mod and Krastorio 2, Stone blue text reads Base mod>Krastorio 2, Crusher blue text reads as Krastorio 2. Could it be an issue with specific 1.1 builds? i am using the latest, and have tried a few of them.

3 years ago

Well, we can write this up as solved... updated to 1.1.19 stable and it started working immedialty, still no clue what happened, but ill take it

3 years ago

Well, we can write this up as solved... updated to 1.1.19 stable and it started working immedialty, still no clue what happened, but ill take it

Yeah, I was looking into ways of forcing this to happen. Guess it was some odd bug in the base game :P

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

I'm having this problem now. Just tried to start playing Factorio again after months of not playing, loaded a save which I'd barely gotten started on from older versions and upgraded it, unlock the crusher, and I can't "smelt" stone.

Old versions:
base: 1.1.32
Krastorio2: 1.0.23

New versions:
base: 1.1.39
Krastorio2: 1.1.5
flib: 0.8.3
factorioplanner: 1.1.25

I also tried disabling factorioplanner and reloading the save and same result.

Any help would be appreciated!

In the meantime, I'll try starting a new game from scratch and will see if that achieves anything...

Edit: New game from scratch (without factorioplanner) still results in "stone cannot be smelted".

2 years ago

i have problems with item names being weird and you are having problems with the crusher literally being broken huh thats interesting