Krastorio 2

An overhaul mod focusing on end-game technologies and moderately increased complexity.

Overhaul
5 months ago
0.18 - 1.1
Transportation Logistics Trains Combat Armor Mining Fluids Logistic network Manufacturing Power Storage

g I have a lag (freeze) in krastorio 2

3 years ago

I am playing factorio version 1.1.8 and krastorio version 1.0.22. Normally i play vanilla with few small mods but i wanted try krastorio. Then i installed krastorio from in game. I created new map and then game temporarily (1-2 sec) freezes every 10-15 seconds. I played 30-40 minutes then it didnt gone. I thought problem is other mods then i just activated only krastorio and created new map but problem didnt gone. I really want to try this mod but I don't know how to get rid of these freezes.

Linver β˜†
3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)
  • Do u play online? (Lag)
  • Do u have an old hardware? (Not enough ram/vram)
  • Are u sure that no other mods that use UPS are active? (hiddend task that consume CPU)

I know that A LOT of people play it without problems of this kind so, try to ask also on the Factorio forum, this seems more a problem of something in ur configuration

3 years ago

Normally when I was creating megabase in vanilla (some mods) or playing with a full angel + full bob, I hadn't faced such trouble (factorio v1.1.5 12gb ram + 2gb vram). When I suddenly change the mod to krastorio, I thought there was a problem due to this mode. I researched a little bit in forum, they said turn of vsync i tried but nothing changed(flip [ON] was rising in F5 debug menu when it was frozen.)
btw i am playing singleplayer.
As I said normally nothing happened and then i installed K2 and it happened. I thought it was because of the mod and that's why I wanted to write it here.
I am not sure but i didnt notice any other mods usind ups.

Linver β˜†
3 years ago

Try to lower the graphic to the minimum, normal sprites, no water smoke effects and soo on..
If that fix the problem u can start slowly turning them up to find what is ur graphical configuration. High sprites and normal sprites occupy a very different memory (in GPU), I'm pretty sure that 2GB of VRAM are on the edge to play Factorio and K2 both in high res, maybe u pass it.

3 years ago

I changed sprites setting to low then it fixed. I though problem was mod or something else, but i think real problem is my poor gpu. Thank you for your interest. Btw this mod is very cool I really liked the mod.