Krastorio 2

An overhaul mod focusing on end-game technologies and moderately increased complexity.

Overhaul
6 months ago
0.18 - 1.1
Transportation Logistics Trains Combat Armor Mining Fluids Logistic network Manufacturing Power Storage

i [Maybe in future] Move to integrated tips and tricks

3 years ago

You should now use the integrated tips and tricks instead of the old krastorio miniwiki

Linver ☆
3 years ago

... ok, excluded comments, if someone will provide me an implementation for the new system, then I haven't reason for me to not use it, text and image are already in the mod so... but otherwise I have a working wiki interface and I have no reason to do a lot of work to obtain the same thing.

3 years ago

Took a quick look at it, using the "about-k2" entry in your implementation. I was able to recreate it by mimicking the structure of the vanilla tips-and-tricks.lua. I also had to create new locale entries named "about-k2" in [tips-and-tricks-item-name] and [tips-and-tricks-item-description], which I copied over from the wiki interface's locale files.

You might want new images (either rescaled or padded) to match the 2048x1152 resolution of the vanilla tips and tricks images, however.

Gist with lua and preview: https://gist.github.com/Katalliaan/8aee4b6dc1799a5ec3da9d702027826a

Linver ☆
3 years ago

Don't seems too difficult.. but I have no time in this days, can u do it? :(

3 years ago

I don't mind doing it, but I would need to figure out how to revert the "unlocked" tips, since I'm not entirely sure of how the unlocks work. Even then, I wouldn't want to do anything with it after a work day, which would mean Thursday at the earliest.

Linver ☆
3 years ago

Ok I will wait Thursday for release the new K2 patch

3 years ago

@katalliaan look in base file there is plenty of examples at base/prototypes/tips-and-tricks.lua and simulations at base/prototypes/tips-and-tricks-simulations.lua which seems to use scripts like scenarios and mods, I've seen that unlock conditions seems to works a little like the achievements unlock conditions

Linver ☆
3 years ago

Yes, they seems to work like for achivements, in the case of K2 I think the only good trigger will be

trigger =
    {
      type = "research",
      technology = "NAME"
    },

For almost all and:

type = "or",
      triggers =
      {
        {
          type = "group-attack"
        },
        {
          type = "time-elapsed",
          ticks = 60 * 60 * 135 -- 135 minutes
        }
      }

For the shooting overhaul.
And:

{
      type = "build-entity",
      entity = "burner-inserter",
      count = 1
 },

For the inserter shortcut
And for roboports:

trigger =
    {
      type = "or",
      triggers =
      {
        {
          type = "build-entity",
          entity = "roboport",
          count = 1
        },
        {
          type = "build-entity",
          entity = "kr-small-robopor",
          count = 1
        },
        {
          type = "build-entity",
          entity = "kr-large-roboport",
          count = 1
        }
      }
    },

Introduction and commands and achivements can be starting_status = "unlocked" without problems.
I think simulations will requair a lot of time, is enough make the wiki to be showed like is in the tip and tricks tab

3 years ago

Some people dislike the burner inserter and skip over it entirely, it might be worthwhile to add an or to a regular yellow inserter as well

Linver ☆
3 years ago

Ok:

trigger =
    {
      type = "or",
      triggers =
      {
        {
          type = "build-entity",
          entity = "burner-inserter",
          count = 1
        },
        {
          type = "build-entity",
          entity = "inserter",
          count = 1
        }
      }
    },
Linver ☆
3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Anyway the code u provide as example don't create what u show:

data:extend(
{
    {
        type = "tips-and-tricks-item",
        name = "about-k2",
        order = "a",
        starting_status = "unlocked",
        image = "__Krastorio2__/graphics/gui/previews/about-k2-preview.png"
    }
})

Something miss, I try to speedup the process but I leave it to u

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

That would be because the gist only had the lua to add the entry to the tips-and-tricks page. As I said, you would need to move the contents of the descriptions to the appropriate locale sections with names matching the tips-and-tricks item. There is a downside that you won't be able to have your patrons in the list, since your current method requires dynamically pulls them into an unlocalized string and this only works with localized ones.

I'll adjust the starting statuses to match those triggers, though.

Linver ☆
3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

I can add a new string with patreons names, anyway the missing string is:

Chris Höppner, Brayden McLean, bob, James Kelley, John Wrangle, Senard, Chris Hazen, Egdod, Josh Strunk, Andromeda Fallen, Andrew Deren, Aski Raven, Austin, Dmitrii, George Simpson, GeneralTank, Jonas Rejman, Jan Šipr, lordfiSh, Ivan Devyatko, Mark Harrison, Maximilian Bork, Matt Tyler, Koshirun Treebone, Konstantin Popichev, ReysDad, Rivsung, Russell Obets, Saulius Zilis, Сергій Руденко, Alright, George Elliott-Hunter, Jan Dragsbæk, rcobbe, donut7163, circk, dr.feelgood999, DarkStroker, Vladimir Kravtsov, Windsinger, Tobi, Arun Bhat, Zoey Oliva, sollevix, Andrew Spade, Adrian Leonhard, billbo99, Chanz, craig a, Charles Paquin, Chosen, Dang Quang, Daniel Vollmer, Deterlo, Dirk M, Donny, Gareth Knowles, JustSoul, Kai-Chi Huang, Kartikay Bagla, Loïc Gremaud, Niv, Nozoki, Pavlo Bulanchuk, Peter Zelenay, peter50216, Paweł G., Raymond, Ryan Barker, Seleck, Shafnir, Simon Harvey, Srdis, Сергей Ложкин, Charles Paquin, Dang Quang, Hackerman, Igor Borisov, jmsantos94, Marco Montemarani, Mopolo, Raymond Lau, Ryan, Showwin, Wolfgang Weber, webchip, antt1995, Влад.

Linver ☆
3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Katalliaan are u sure to be able to give me the update today? Because people are make me crazy with "oh plis update the loader scirpt i cnt pluii pliss runnn" and I'm becoming mad to receive 30 time the same message. I want avoid to release 2 updates to much near one to the other, for the same reason because other side of K2 community say "o nuuuu i cnt dwndd a mod twuu tim in a dayyy" but they want all fixed so...

Update: I have release the 1.0.10 I think that for a week will not come out enough bugs to update so take ur time

3 years ago

If i may inject myself here, i would suggest the (self-serving) Way of releasing the functional part now, and push an update for the wiki when ready, unless the process of pushing an update itself is super timeconsuming and laborious. Since the Game is non-starting in the Krastorio-SE combi, there is really no drawback, since the potential time to download a second time is compared to time i couldnt play in the first place. And whoever isnt willing to update can just wait and download the new version with the new tipps when that is released and play their old version meanwhile without drawbacks.

Linver ☆
3 years ago

The problem is that I dunno when I will re-update the mod, because I will not going to update the mod for add something that don't change the functionally of the mod, because the K2 community have chosen's (with hate messages to me and Krastor) that they want only substantial updates, and because K2 is community driven I will respect their wills.

3 years ago

I said that Thursday (today) would be the earliest I could look at it. I never made any promises that it would be done today.

That said, this is what I have. I made the "Krastorio 2" topic the parent of all the others, so that it would be obvious to users which mod they belong to. I didn't fix the simulations that break due to K2's changes, but I suspect anyone playing Krastorio 2 has played enough Factorio to not need them. http://www.mediafire.com/file/9a707c836tqxg4f/k2tips.zip/file

Linver ☆
3 years ago

Don't worry thanks anyway for ur work.
I have seen that the result need a lot of tuning so, I will work on in for the next patch but I don't know if remove the wiki at this point, tips and tricks have a lot of limitations.