Krastorio 2


An overhaul mod focusing on end-game technologies and moderately increased complexity.

Overhaul
11 days ago
0.18 - 2.1
391K
Transportation Logistics Trains Combat Armor Mining Fluids Logistic network Manufacturing Power Storage

i Depleted uranium (U-238) isn't radioactive.

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

U-238 isn't used in ammunition (and armor plating) because it's radioactive, it's used because of its very high density (19.1 g/cm3 or 68.4% denser than lead). While yes, it does produce some radiation, it's much less radioactive than U-235. Ammunition that uses pure U-238 should deal more physical instead of radioactive damage.

5 years ago

We have think about it in past, but we decided to avoid to make ammo radioactive because will be very difficult transport them otherwise.

I'm not talking about radioactivity when holding them, I'm talking about the damage. For example, uranium rifle magazine does 14 physical and 6 radiactive damage. It should be more like 19 physical and 1 radioactive (or no radioactive damage at all).

5 years ago

Ah I'm sorry, now I have understand. Yes u have right, in a realistic simulation ambient probably they will not create any kind of radiation, but because this is a game I think these values allow players to enjoy a new kind of damage :)
Also, we have not specify how the ammo are made :)

Yeah, makes sense I guess. Love your mod btw, great work!