Krastorio 2

An overhaul mod focusing on end-game technologies and moderately increased complexity.

Overhaul
6 months ago
0.18 - 1.1
Transportation Logistics Trains Combat Armor Mining Fluids Logistic network Manufacturing Power Storage

g Enriched metal recipes

3 years ago

What is the point of the enriched iron/copper/rare metal processing recipes?

Okay, they save about 25% ore, but they cost around the same in sulphuric acid, so it's not really a saving.

I'm not sure what to suggest; they're simply a complex way of doing nothing useful?

3 years ago

I don't think you actually did the numbers ... the cost of the sulfuric acid is pretty much negligible.

With prod 3 modules the productivity increase is about 86.57%.

I compared the two processes with helmod. Ignore the energy consumption and factory count, I just used prod 3, no other modules or beacons. Just focus on the material cost.
Here is what I got:

Normal process:

Enriched process:

I used matter as a source for the oil just to give you a comparison of how much the oil is worth in iron ore.

3 years ago

And in your case the acid is around half the amount of oil; without modules it's about 1.5 times the amount of oil. Okay, sounds like this is only really worthwhile with prod modules... although normally ores are so cheap that it hardly matters even then. Thanks.

3 years ago

Especially when you get the advanced chem plant with 4 module slots it's really worth it.

3 years ago

I think it should be more efficient/faster to smelt enriched ore. That's where the benefit should come in since saving on raw ore amounts doesn't matter. You can always expand to another location.

3 years ago

It doubles (if you convert dirt water) the number of plates you generate (with prod 3 modules) for the cost of some space