Krastorio 2

An overhaul mod focusing on end-game technologies and moderately increased complexity.

Overhaul
6 months ago
0.18 - 1.1
Transportation Logistics Trains Combat Armor Mining Fluids Logistic network Manufacturing Power Storage

g How do I get started?

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

I started up a new game with Krastorio 2, no other mods installed. I am a little confused as to how to begin playing the game with this mod installed.

I see that I need to research electricity to get small power poles, but I need to power a lab in order to research electricity. Can anyone help me out? The solution is probably obvious, but I have no idea how to find it!

3 years ago

your shelter provides electricity

Linver β˜†
3 years ago

There are at least 3 different way to get energy at the game start, try to play

3 years ago

I am aware of the ways to get electricity: shelter, broken reactor, wind turbine. However, the problem isn't the electricity itself, it is the poles. I cannot supply electricity to something if I do not have power poles unlocked to do so.

I am going to try a reinstall of factorio and see if that clears anything up

3 years ago

Unfortunately there are still no power poles after a reinstall. Is this a bug or a feature?

3 years ago

This has nothing to do with Krastorio 2.
Power poles are available from the start of the game and Electricity does not have to be researched.

Most likely you are playing the game with AAI Industries installed.

3 years ago

Thanks, Kythblood. I must have installed that one on accident. I don't know what that mod does, but boy would it be annoying to play the whole game without electricity.

(Question resolved)

3 years ago

It is possible, I played a Krastorio 2 + AAI Industry + Space Exploration game a few months ago and everything worked fine, but I can not remember how I got started.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Had the same issue, but I saw that you need to build a burner lab to get electricity before you can use the ship research lab. Using AAI industries + exploration + krastorio