Krastorio 2

An overhaul mod focusing on end-game technologies and moderately increased complexity.

Overhaul
6 months ago
0.18 - 1.1
Transportation Logistics Trains Combat Armor Mining Fluids Logistic network Manufacturing Power Storage

b Krastorio does not load with Water As A Resource

3 years ago

When using the latest Krastorio Versions (0.9.23 and 0.9.99) Krastorio will not load when using with the mod Water As A Resource. The previous version (0.9.22) is still compatible.

When both mods are active, only Water As A Resource will be loaded and Krastorio will be displayed red in the mod screen.

Linver β˜†
3 years ago

I know that the author of that mod mark K2 incompatible in some old version, try to check if u are using the latest version of the mod or contact the author

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Hey,

As the mod author, also just noticed this coming back to the game.

Error message from Factorio is that yours makes a circular reference. If I remove the optional dependency in your mod info, then they load, but it also looks like you missed some of my changes.

Namely, local player = old_entity.last_user and in the local new_entity = surface.create_entity{}, player = player.

Any reason these were missed out?

Linver β˜†
3 years ago

I will fix it for the next release

3 years ago

Hey,

Thats looks good :D

3 years ago

Hey Linver,

Sorry to be a bit annoying, worked out the circular reference issue.

All you need to do is keep your optional dependency in and I'll remove mine from my the next version, then they play nicely together.

Linver β˜†
3 years ago

So I have to "RE ADD" u in dependecies?

3 years ago

Was this fixed? O.O

Because when I activate Water As A Resource Version 0.7.7, Krastorio 2 Version 1.0.5 does not load. =( [Factorio 1.0]

Or has this already been implemented by your side and the problem is that the mod WAAR needs to be updated as the author wrote it here??
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/WaterAsAResource/discussion/5e8b740910e6ba000d1da717

The worst thing was to find this out because K2 just didn't load but nowhere showed anything why not.
But I'm afraid a way to display a problem like this would have to be implemented by the Factorio Team and can't be part of a mod.

3 years ago

It would be fixed if Water As A Resource updated to 0.7.8.

I unzipped Krastorio and changed in info.json the dependency to "(?) WaterAsAResource >= 0.7.7". This fixed it for me.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Yes that is what I was afraid of. XD

So K2 will be loaded without murmuring?
That is a nice idea, which I will try as well. =D

Thank you!