Krastorio 2

An overhaul mod focusing on end-game technologies and moderately increased complexity.

Overhaul
10 days ago
0.18 - 1.1
Transportation Logistics Trains Combat Armor Mining Fluids Logistic network Manufacturing Power Storage

i [Rejected] Stone -> Electronic Components balancing

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Hi,

First of all, thank you for this amazing mod! I was always sceptical of full overhaul mods but I'm so happy I tried this one. It reinvigorated my passion for this game considerably. Even after over 500 hours in the game, I managed to build spaghetti in my first play through (stopped short of launching a rocket) and I'm planning my second base now. Can't wait to actually see the endgame! I also love that you can actually play eco with this mod (in conjunction with Next Gen Evolution) without ever being attacked if you work for it. Amazing!

Now to my question: I noticed that to produce a full belt of Electronic Components you need to input 16 Stone/s (on average, due to the Sand recipe giving 7 - 8 Sand per 3 Stone). This is a rather awkward number for obvious reasons. Is this intended to make the production lines harder or was it an oversight?

Thanks!

Linver β˜†
3 years ago

Hi, at this point of mod developing we don't want change the mod balancing anymore. Now we are focus on fix bugs and refine sprites. Anyway, thanks for ur feedback.

3 years ago

Thanks for your response. I can understand the hesitation in changing the balancing of an intricate mod like this.

However, I do believe this would be a fairly minor change without negative repercussions and it would ultimately make the production lines more straightforward. In regards to bulk recipes where exact rates matter, Sand is currently only used to create Glass and Quartz. The others are either fluids or mall items.

Given how important Electronic Components are in this mod (it's probably fair to say they are the green circuits equivalent of Vanilla), I think it would be a quality of life improvement if you could generate a full belt of Electronic Components out of a full belt of stone by changing the Sand outcome to a fixed 8 (from varying 7-8 Sand). The requirement for 16/s is just so close to the ideal 15/s that it feels like it should have been 15/s from the start.

I appreciate your time and hope you have another think about this.

Thanks!