Krastorio 2

An overhaul mod focusing on end-game technologies and moderately increased complexity.

Overhaul
9 days ago
0.18 - 1.1
Transportation Logistics Trains Combat Armor Mining Fluids Logistic network Manufacturing Power Storage

b Not Multiplayer safe

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Krastorio Version: 0.9.23
Factorio Version: 0.18.35

Other mods:
FJEI 0.4.6
Factorio-Tiberium 0.1.12
LSlib 2020.7.4

Expectation: Joining the server is successful
Reality: While loading the map, players get kicked (Clientsided, some script fails), error message can be found here https://prnt.sc/tfw614.

Log: https://mega.nz/file/gv5CTIiD#pwGn8FAgzrjx4wy50wYc_phojxEHIu0T-4Hm08RQ_Dk

Savegame can be provided, if needed :)

Linver β˜†
3 years ago

First time I hear about this after something like 4 month of beta-testing with a sort of 1000 gameplay in multiplayer, I think u fall in a rare bug. Do u have try to save the map reload it? Is a dedicated server?

3 years ago

Loading the map in singleplayer works fine.
Server is dedicated and was just restarted, error does not appear again. (For now)

Linver β˜†
3 years ago

If not appear the first time, will not appear again if all step to create it will not repeated.

Anyway, I have an idea of what can cause this error, I will try to fix this for the release of the mod that will be soon.

Just for have more details, before this do someone throw a anti creep virus capsule?

Linver β˜†
3 years ago

If not appear the first time, will not appear again if all steps to create it will not repeated.

Anyway, I have an idea of what can cause this error, I will try to fix this for the release of the mod that will be soon.

Just for have more details, before this do someone throw a anti creep virus capsule?

3 years ago

The first time it happened was after throwing both anti creep and anti biter virus capsules.

It does reappear, people cann't join again. Restarting will probably fix it for a limited time, like last time.

3 years ago

There might be a link between throwing the capsules and not being able to join.
The capsules were thrown this time too, we will try not to next time and see where it goes.

Linver β˜†
3 years ago

Ok I wrote a fix, but is difficult to me test if work.. because u know.. multiplayer need at least two player and I'm one :)
So if please u can test it for me will be nice now if the fix works.

The steps are:
- Install the new mod.
- Load and save the savegame on server.
- Try to play join with ur friend.
- Throw both capsules.
- Wait 2 seconds and save the game.
- Try to restart all and make all re-join the game and see if bug is trigged.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/hp7dib6sx9t4ezw/Krastorio2_0.9.98.zip/file

Linver β˜†
3 years ago

Ok my fix have fix other things. Me and Krastor have try it and we discover that a fix is start the game and wait 30 seconds... so I'm thinking about leave this bug open to not broke old savegames.

3 years ago

I was also affected by this multiplayer bug. It happened directly after the anti-creep virus was thrown. We could continue playing but when disconnecting it was impossible to reconnect. Restarting the server helped.

Have not yet thrown any other virus capsule.

3 years ago

Sorry, I should add that I was using Krastorio 2 version 0.9.23 and not 0.9.99. I hope this issue was fixed in 0.9.99, I will let you know if I still notice it.