Krastorio 2

An overhaul mod focusing on end-game technologies and moderately increased complexity.

Overhaul
a month ago
0.18 - 1.1
Transportation Logistics Trains Combat Armor Mining Fluids Logistic network Manufacturing Power Storage

g Uranium Fuel Cell production incredibly expensive?

4 years ago

I just got to Uranium fuel cell production in my first Krastorio2 runthrough, and I think the uranium fuel cell recipe may be messed up.

Vanilla factorio recipe requires 1 U-235 to create 10 uranium fuel cells. In krastorio2, the recipe requires 2 U-235 to create just 1 fuel cell (20x less than vanilla!) I know that Krastorio increased the cost of fuel cell production, but that seems like a bug. Do I have a bug or something? I can't find anywhere what the ratios are supposed to be.

Versions:
factorio: 18.22
krastorio: 0.9.16

4 years ago

I think it is because the nuclear plant creates much more power in krastorio2... did you check the actual energy value of the fuel cell?

4 years ago

In Krastorio the Fuel Cells deliver 50GJ of power each compared to Vanilla where they deliver you 8GJ. They are still more expensive then in Vanilla but not to the amount mentioned. Als you can have an look into DT. Tbh U-235 never was a problem for us in the game aslong as the Covarex process is initiliazed you can create tons of 235. This changes ofc. with Nucear mods which disable the process.