Krastorio 2

An overhaul mod focusing on end-game technologies and moderately increased complexity.

Overhaul
9 days ago
0.18 - 1.1
Transportation Logistics Trains Combat Armor Mining Fluids Logistic network Manufacturing Power Storage

b [Fixed] UPS drop using anti creep virus when there isn't creep on map

4 years ago

My game recently started running under 60 UPS, and it appears to be due to the anti creep/biter virus capsules. The show-time-usage debug view (under f4) shows mod-Krastorio2 alternating between 0.7 and 1.4 milliseconds per tick. Before I used the capsules, the game was running at 60 UPS with mod-Krastorio2 using around 0.01 milliseconds per tick. I'm going to roll back to an earlier save from before I used the virus capsules.

4 years ago

I think it lasts few minutes after you throw it and then goes back to normal. That's what happened to me.

4 years ago

I did get a lag spike when I first threw the capsule, then I saved and reloaded the game. The lag was better after reloading, but never went away even after over an hour.

Linver β˜†
4 years ago

It's normal is an expensive tool on big maps, after some time all will return normal.

4 years ago

The first time I threw an anti creep virus capsule, I experienced the lag that slowly returned to normal. A few hours later after all was normal I threw another one to knock down their evolution factor. There was already no creep on the map, but the lag was back. Checking time usage in mod-Krastorio2 after about an hour, there was no improvement in time spent.

To test a hunch that something was going wrong because all of the creep was already cleared, I console spawned a small patch of creep. Afterwards the lag immediately improved and started to progressively clear up as I experienced previously. It seems like the virus is getting stuck looking for creep if there is none on the map and never stops itself.

Linver β˜†
4 years ago

Hi Grumblesxl,
Thanks to ur more accurate description of the problem, I found a bug in the script.
Fixed in the next version! (0.9.15)