Krastorio 2

An overhaul mod focusing on end-game technologies and moderately increased complexity.

Overhaul
6 months ago
0.18 - 1.1
Transportation Logistics Trains Combat Armor Mining Fluids Logistic network Manufacturing Power Storage

b Production Tech Card Recipe incompatible with nuclear mods

4 years ago

Hi.
I am using Krastorio2 with several other mods, including Amator Phasma's Nuclear. I find the vanilla nuclear setup too boring so I like having mods that make nuclear process/reprocessing more complex.
The problem I am having is that Amator Phasma's Nuclear mod changes the uranium-238 item to be a uranium pellet. Almost all items in the game that require uranium use the pellets from the nuclear mod in the recipes, including some Krastorio ones like the uranium rifle magazine, however the production tech card recipe from your mod still requires the vanilla uranium-238 item. It is the only item in the game that hasn't updated to the pellet for some reason.
Removing the Amator Phasma's Nuclear mod would fix the issue but it would break all of my nuclear setups which is far from ideal but without a fix I have no way of getting past production tech.

Pictures for elaboration.
https://imgur.com/a/cRHHw6F

4 years ago

Any update on this? I have enabled the vanilla recipe for now so I can continue through the tech tree but I prefer the K2 recipe.

4 years ago

Since the change is on their part, wouldn't it make more sense that compatibility is done on APN's mod? Krastorio's using the vanilla item, it's their mod that changes it to a non-vanilla item, thus should ensure proper compatibility.

4 years ago

I wasn't sure which one would need the compatibility code. I thought since K2 was being actively updated they could do it easier than APN which hasn't been updated in several months. Also since K2 has been released after the latest update to APN and it successfully uses the modded uranium pellets in some of the recipes I figured that it should be easy to expand that to include other recipes pretty easily.
If K2 can't do the compatibility I will ask on the other mod.

4 years ago

I am no K2 staff, but I do think that if a mod changes a vanilla object, said mod should at least try to ensure compatibility on first part :)