Krastorio 2

An overhaul mod focusing on end-game technologies and moderately increased complexity.

Overhaul
9 days ago
0.18 - 1.1
Transportation Logistics Trains Combat Armor Mining Fluids Logistic network Manufacturing Power Storage

g Feedback after first playthrough

4 years ago

The Good:
- Gameplay feels like improved vanilla.
- Balance seems good for almost all elements.
- Graphics are impressive.
- Audio is satisfying.
- New combat system feels better than vanilla.
- New possibilities offered by elements such as Singularity Beacons and Large Roboports really freshen up the game.

The Mediocre:
- Charging the Intergalactic Transceiver is a boring way to end the game. You don't even get to flip a switch after it's charged up. You just suddenly get a message you've won while you're doing other stuff(or are afk).
- Nuclear explosions could be improved further.(tested with artillery) The mushroom cloud is just pure black like ash(no fire/glow). It looks more like a volcanic eruption than a nuclear explosion.
- Antimatter explosions(tested with artillery) look the same as nuclear. I'm not sure what a real life antimatter explosion would look like, but for the game it would be nice if it was significantly different from its nuclear cousin.

The Bad:
- Antimatter artillery is inferior to nuclear artillery that comes before it because its AoE is smaller. The higher damage seems irrelevant as everything dies to nuclear artillery anyway. This while the Antimatter Rocket actually has a significantly larger AoE than the Atomic Bomb.
- Creep is a cool element, but punishes close up fighting, especially with vehicles. This makes the already vastly superior artillery option even more superior.
- Antimatter turret ammo is awesome, but insanely expensive for what it does.
- Superior Exoskeletons are awesome, but with six of them I can literally walk through walls while walking on reinforced plates at full speed.(single layer concrete walls)

I'm planning out a 1k megabase now. Might give more feedback if I finish that.