Krastorio 2

An overhaul mod focusing on end-game technologies and moderately increased complexity.

Overhaul
6 months ago
0.18 - 1.1
Transportation Logistics Trains Combat Armor Mining Fluids Logistic network Manufacturing Power Storage

i Matter->water

4 years ago

Hi Krastor!

Just want to replace my water trains and long pipes. And found that for producing 1200 water/sec (like normal offshore pump) I have to setup 12 Matter assemblers and supply them with 581MW of energy.

Seems like it a bit overpriced :)

Can I ask you to increase water production?

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

you have the power to create any matter out of energy and what you want to make is water? really? that's too silly for words. XD
that's like inventing and building a FTL capable starship to deliver postcards one town down the road. even if you could do it, it wouldn't be very efficient.

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

lol
Factorio is about progress and automation.

you have the power to create any matter out of energy and what you want to make is water? really? that's too silly for words. XD

yes, only basic products.
what the water extraction progress? offshore pump and pipes -> offshore pump and fluid wagons -> water from matter
Just imagine fluid trains traffic for
https://imgur.com/a/wWHKClH
I want to replace block input to matter. And no pipes outside the block! xD

that's like inventing and building a FTL capable starship to deliver postcards one town down the road. even if you could do it, it wouldn't be very efficient.

Oh man, 100 years ago you told same story about postcard delivery with cars and horses :)

4 years ago

Sorry, but we have a certain hierarchy. The conversion of all liquids is 100. We don't want to break this structure. For minor needs, this is enough, especially if you use green modules.

4 years ago

I have to setup 12 Matter assemblers and supply them with 581MW of energy.

As far as I know you improved smelter-recipes to be more ups friendly.
Here is same situation, 1 offshore pump is equal to 12 Matter assemblers.

But ofc it's up to you :)