Krastorio 2

An overhaul mod focusing on end-game technologies and moderately increased complexity.

Overhaul
10 days ago
0.18 - 1.1
Transportation Logistics Trains Combat Armor Mining Fluids Logistic network Manufacturing Power Storage

i Stone furnace recipes

4 years ago

Hi! Can we have an option to have furnaces automatically smelt whatever you put in them? Having to select a recipe every time is kind of annoying.

4 years ago

Shift + RMB and Shift + LMB allows to drag and drop recipes.

4 years ago

I know that, but it's still an extra step we were fine without.

4 years ago

I believe this is necessary due to the different recipe requirements. Like Steel Plates for example need coke and Iron Plates specifically while Iron Plates for example CAN use coke as a fuel but don't require it in the recipe.

4 years ago

Yes, this is a necessity, because of the limitations of the game.

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Yes, this is a necessity, because of the limitations of the game.

Adding a choice of recipes to the furnace is a terrible decision that severely limits the gameplay.
Given that there is an obvious solution.
For example, the steel production chain:
Wood + Coal-> Crusher-> Mixture for coke-> Furnaces-> Coke.
Iron plates + coke->crusher->blend for steel-making-> Furnaces->steel plates (gears or beams).
Or
Rich iron ore+coke->crusher->mix for steel-making-> Furnaces->steel plates (gears or beams).
Two or more items for the recipe can always be replaced by one with the addition of just one step in production chain.
UPD: I've found a mod that levels out the limitations added to the gameplay and controls the furnaces with logic - "Crafting Combinator"