Krastorio 2

An overhaul mod focusing on end-game technologies and moderately increased complexity.

Overhaul
9 days ago
0.18 - 1.1
Transportation Logistics Trains Combat Armor Mining Fluids Logistic network Manufacturing Power Storage

g Question about: Damaged ship reactor

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

When u start a new game with the mod Krastorio 2 u start with those wird looking machines and chests and otherthings. The "Damaged ship reactor" is a accumulator right? (becaus it says capacity, etc. when u hover over it and when u open the Electric network info it says also that its a accumulator).

I wanted to calculate the time till the Damaged ship reacotr (accumulator) is empty, but
when i hook up any consumer the accumulator charge will never change / decrease.

Is that a bug or intentional or am i just to stupid to unterstand and the "Damaged ship reactor" is acutally a energy producer ?
Would be super nice to know why it ineract like that. Thank you very much

4 years ago

Yep, a Damaged Ship Reactor is supposed to produce energy. Working as intended.
It seems like you don't speak english very well, and that's no problem, but just so you know, "reactor" usually means something that creates power.

4 years ago

Alright thanks for your answere. That does make sense. And yes my english is actually not that great.

But why does it have a capacity to begin with and why doesnt the capacity drop no matter what electrical load i attach ?

The only possible solution i can think of is: Its a power producer and a accumulator. And the max discharge rate is exacly how much the reactor creates. Therefore the capacity doenst drop no matter what. Sry if i annoy anybody but iam just curious.

4 years ago

It is probably a coding limitation workaround.