Krastorio 2

An overhaul mod focusing on end-game technologies and moderately increased complexity.

Overhaul
6 months ago
0.18 - 1.1
Transportation Logistics Trains Combat Armor Mining Fluids Logistic network Manufacturing Power Storage

g Autoloader - way to cheap for who great they are.

4 years ago

Hi,
I'm currently in my first run, I've completed the Vanilla a dozen time, all achievements and other mods like this one, one little comment because all the positives one is that the autoloader (1x1 that fill box or factory) is extremely uselfess and powerful. It's deliver a full belt balanced! loader [box] loader is basically both a buffer and a balancer, all in 3 ententities and 3 squares.

For all those reason I would make them like 10x more expensive by using more raw existing resources to balance out with other existing tech such as splitter and faster inserters.

Thanks for this awesome mod! I'm search the map for rare metal now :)

4 years ago

Hey zyo2019, what are your thoughts on miniloaders? I've been using them oven Krastorio loaders because of the filter functionality, but I think they are also more expensive and they require power.

4 years ago

hey zyo2019,
Pretty sure they must get this topic alot, first topic in the FAQ is about this :)

FAQ
Q: Loaders are too /cheap/ugly/expansive/cheaty/pretty/easy, don't use power and don't work with the trains! BUG!!!!!!!!

A: Just turn off this in the game settings. And stop asking about it. PLEASE! Loaders use a vanilla algorithm and cannot consume energy and work with trains. This is a decision of the developers of the game, not ours, and we can’t add it. These are the limitations of the game. We cannot do whatever we want. Understand this already at last. If you want the loaders to use electricity, then install this mod: Miniloader. This mod masks inserters into loaders.
Also this mod is good too: Bulk Rail Loader.

4 years ago

Right, but at least make them cost more. For the price that is now they are doing too much.

4 years ago

I love the loaders with warehouses. It makes balancing resources so much easier. Just put warehouse by iron ore, have all your belts load into it and unload into as many belt lanes as you need.
I don't think they need to be more expensive. Maybe require few inserts as part of formula?

4 years ago

Yes, autoloader are "OP" but in a good way. I think they fix an annoyance from the base game. Making loaders mor expansive is a viable solution.

Solar power is also OP and most people dont have no problem with it.

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Solar energy is not OP, it has downsides. It requires a huge amount of resources per megawatt and a large area to defend.
But loaders are super good in every way, you can use them almost everywhere for free.

4 years ago

You can disable them or disable them and use a different loader mod. There are at least 3 loader mods out there.
Everyone's idea of "balanced" is different but the concept of loaders has been around for years already. This is not the place to argue the ethics of using them.

4 years ago

In general better stuff cost more for the trade off. For instance a red belt is twice the speed is cost 5x more for twice the speed. But that's ok.

The mini load, is smaller, faster, balanced belt, filtered output AND super cheap to produce. I'm not complaining about removing it, I'm complaining that the cost doesn't fit the advantage of it.