Krastorio 2

An overhaul mod focusing on end-game technologies and moderately increased complexity.

Overhaul
6 months ago
0.18 - 1.1
Transportation Logistics Trains Combat Armor Mining Fluids Logistic network Manufacturing Power Storage

g DT-Fuel Cell doesn't fully power Fusion Reactor

4 years ago

Factorio: 0.18.16
Krastorio 2: 0.9.6

As title. A single DT-Fuel Cell is not actually enough to power a full process of the Fusion Reactor. Burning a single fuel cell in the reactor will fill the progress bar all the way, but not actually finish the "craft", so it gets stuck in a limbo with the fuel consumed, but no empty cell returned or steam generated. A second fuel cell with finish the first process, but now that second one is stuck in limbo.

https://i.imgur.com/43OHKo4.png

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

I mentioned this and why in another thread, but I think there's a typo in the fuel value of the DT fuel cell. it's listed at 10GJ but that should've probably been 100GJ instead.

4 years ago

That wouldn't match the behavior here, though. That would imply that either 1 fuel cell should be enough for 10 cycles, or it that it should take 10 cells for a single cycle. Instead, it seems like the fuel cell is enough to power 99.9999999999999% of the cycle.

I feel like I've seen a similar thing with science packs in vanilla - if you're just using 1 lab, you can eventually watch the "end point" of each cycle creep backwards as each science pack is just slightly less than a full cycle.