Krastorio 2

An overhaul mod focusing on end-game technologies and moderately increased complexity.

Overhaul
6 months ago
0.18 - 1.1
Transportation Logistics Trains Combat Armor Mining Fluids Logistic network Manufacturing Power Storage

b [Fixed] Steam Turbine bugged

4 years ago

I found inconsistancies with the steam turbines:

Engine: 900 Steam@415->27MJ
Turbine: 900 Steam@415->180MJ

As engine can only process 165°C you have to compare 400 vs 150. Assuming turbine has no hidden modifier turbine should have 27MJ * 400/150 = 72J (instead of 180MJ)

When using Turbine with Steam@165 you also see a 2,5 efficiency Factor.

Advanced Turbine says it has 210% Efficiency, but when processing steam@975 it only gives 10 GJ per DT fuel cell (so it has 100%, not 210%)
I advise: Get rid of any efficiency modifier, or keep it small (+10% per Tech level?). Efficiency comes form temperature increase.

4 years ago

Oh, you're right. We did not synchronize a lot of edits and everything went wrong. In the next update, we will try to fix this with minimal problems for existing saves but many players will be angry... :D

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

not sure if this is related, but looking at the tooltips for the heat exchanger and the steam turbine (fission tier) something seems really strange to me.

it says the heat exchanger has a maximum consumption of 20MW. considering the steam turbines output 10MW each that looks as though the proper ratio is 1 heat exchanger to 2 steam turbines.
but it also says it has an output of 250 steam/s, while the steam turbines list they take in 50 steam/s. this implies the correct ration is 1 heat exchanger with 5 steam turbines.

I'm not sure there's an error in my interpretation, the tooltips or the way things work, but at least it's confusing.
I haven't tested it, but it seems like you can connect 5 steam turbines to a heat exchanger and magically a 250% efficiency bonus is in effect. such a bonus is not listed and seems to be not intended.

4 years ago

Yes, this is the problem. It was possible to get +250% steam for free. This will be fixed in the next version. I hope this doesn't break anything...