Krastorio 2

An overhaul mod focusing on end-game technologies and moderately increased complexity.

Overhaul
5 months ago
0.18 - 1.1
Transportation Logistics Trains Combat Armor Mining Fluids Logistic network Manufacturing Power Storage

g Hydrogen

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Great mod!

I looked through the content of Krastorio very carefully and found 3 inconsistancies I dont like:

1. Hydrogen is overabundant. Anything that consumes it also requires it to produce it.
    a, gas station uses hydrogen (unrealistic, because it creates pollution)
    b, reduce production ratios
    c, fuel block/rocket fuel consumes hydrogen
    d, any other use

2. Enriching ore can use productivity modules, therefore creating water out of nowhere

3. DT- Fuel cell has 10GJ, Uranium Fuel Cell 20GJ. Is this intended?

4 years ago

What are other people doing with all their hydrogen?

4 years ago

BURN

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

uranium fuel cell (20GJ), DT fuel cell (10GJ) and charged antimatter fuel cell (300GJ) does seem like a very strange progression.

especially considering the fusion plant consumes 2GW meaning a cell lasts only 5 seconds.
compared with a nuclear reactor consuming 100MW which takes 200 seconds to consume its fuel, and the antimatter reactor consuming 3GW which means it takes exactly 100 seconds to consume its fuel.

it seems to me fusion reactors were also intended to have its fuel last for much longer. maybe it should've been 100GJ or 200GJ.

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

We know. This is a game engine issue. We cannot use DT-fuel as true fuel with "burning product" in reactor. Please don't ask why... The game has a lot of limitations and I don’t have enough patience with this bullshit. For details, see FAQ on the in-game wiki.

4 years ago

I agree with Hydrogen. I have quite a few burners.
The problem is you need chlorine for rare metal miners, which also produce hydrogen. The only way to use hydrogen is to convert to hydrogen chloride, but it takes same 100 chlorine and 100 hydrogen, so you're not gaining any chlorine.
Or use amonia chloride which you can convert to rocket fuel or nitric acid, which both I have too much of.
Suggestions:
Hydrogen Chloride - take 20 or 50 hydrogen
Hydrogen Rocket Fuel
Hydrogen Power Plant (burner plant is not good as it only provides 3 MW, so you'd need quite a few of them to be meaningful
Also, while we're discussing new ideas, how about advanced burner to create rocket fuel?

3 years ago

Hello,

great mod so far!

I just have to agree with the other about hydrogen. As it is a truly interesting resource in real life (most efficient rocket carburant, non-polluting energy source fusion material, ...) it could have so much use in the game.

3 years ago

Hello,

great mod so far!

I just have to agree with the other about hydrogen. As it is a truly interesting resource in real life (most efficient rocket carburant, non-polluting energy source fusion material, ...) it could have so many use in the game.