Schmitt | Bob Angel All You Need Modpack ⭐

An "all you need" mod pack! This mod pack is well balanced. It is based on Bob and Angel mods, together with further interesting game changing mods and a well thought collection of quality of life mods.

Mod packs
4 days ago
Transportation Logistics Trains Combat Enemies Environment Mining Fluids Manufacturing Storage Blueprints

b ✅ Last update bugged

3 months ago

28.824 Error ModManager.cpp:1625: Failed to load mod "schmitts-modpack": schmitts-modpack/make_dependencies.lua:158: attempt to concatenate field '

Errors in technology tree!
Please check factorio-current.log for information and where to report them!

' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
schmitts-modpack/make_dependencies.lua:158: in function 'reporterrors'
schmitts-modpack/make_dependencies.lua:626: in function 'make_dependencies'
schmitts-modpack/data-final-fixes.lua:13: in main chunk
28.827 Loading mod core 0.0.0 (data.lua)
29.123 Checksum for core: 2925842125
29.184 Error ModManager.cpp:1625: Error in assignID: recipe-category with name 'crafting' does not exist.

Source: default (utility-sprites).
29.315 Initial atlas bitmap size is 16384
29.316 Created atlas bitmap 2048x784 [icon, not-compressed, mipmap, linear-minification, linear-magnification, linear-mip-level]
29.330 Texture processor created (2048). GPU accelerated compression Supported: yes, Enabled: yes/yes. Test passed. YCoCgDXT PSNR: 35.83, BC3 PSNR: 33.82
29.448 Parallel Sprite Loader initialized (threads: 7)
29.745 Sprites loaded
29.768 Generated mipmaps (5) for atlas [0] of size 2048x784
29.768 Custom mipmaps uploaded (99)
29.772 Factorio initialised
29.777 Mods to disable:Failed to load mods: schmitts-modpack/make_dependencies.lua:158: attempt to concatenate field '

Errors in technology tree!
Please check factorio-current.log for information and where to report them!

' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
schmitts-modpack/make_dependencies.lua:158: in function 'reporterrors'
schmitts-modpack/make_dependencies.lua:626: in function 'make_dependencies'
schmitts-modpack/data-final-fixes.lua:13: in main chunk

Mods to be disabled:
• schmitts-modpack (1.3.9)

3 months ago

Did you only use my modpack or also other mods?

3 months ago

Especially mode that change the crafting menu.

3 months ago

Only used your modpack.
Before reporting the bug I removed all my mods and resubbed to yours with a clean install, still got this error.

3 months ago

Then everyone should get this error. I ask in my discord community. Feel free to join us.

3 months ago

The relevant part of your error message is

Error in assignID: recipe-category with name 'crafting' does not exist.
3 months ago

I have to make that script more reliable.

3 months ago

But nevertheless the error should not be there. Anyone else getting this error? Anyone else getting NO errors? Would also be helpful to know.

3 months ago

Can you share a few more lines above the error? There should be some info what research dependency could not be changed.

3 months ago

The game did work fine before I did the update to the new modpack version. Sadly I can't join your server since I'm already in 100 servers.
Something is wrong, since I retried it again and get a different error.

" 20.388 Error ModManager.cpp:1625: Error in assignID: technology with name 'electricity' does not exist."

Again I removed all the mods via the ingame mod manager and reinstalled your pack. I have the full error log excluding my system posted on pastebin.
https://pastebin.com/YbjnSXxe

3 months ago
(updated 3 months ago)

Really love your pack btw.

Another try, another error.

https://pastebin.com/Eje8pXz2

3 months ago

It must be something regarding your mod settings. I bet if you reset your mod settings to default values you have no problem playing. But BEFORE you do set, please send me your non-default settings.

3 months ago

'electricity' does not exist. Source: water-washing-1 (technology). means with your current mod settings you do not have the tech 'electricity'.
Same for your other log file which says technology electricity does not seem to exist but is a prerequisite of technology water-washing-1

3 months ago

But I know how to fix that on my end. I do it.

3 months ago

(I guess you do need to enable steam/burner powered assembly in bob mod settings in the meantime)

3 months ago

I really did not change a lot in the settings,.

• Enabled more ores in the starting area
  • Changed interation distance
    and another thing, but no change in tech or something.

I am unable to get the .dat file readable and can't find a working converter. As far its readable I notice some left over from old mods I tested out. However I uploaded it to pastebin and made a backup locally: https://pastebin.com/Z5tUsN61

3 months ago

Another error, going to remover the .dat file now

https://pastebin.com/09Lnqz0q

3 months ago

Just a small question on the side. Do you also delete the modlist and modsettings file every time you delete a modpack?

3 months ago

Just a small question on the side. Do you also delete the modlist and modsettings file every time you delete a modpack?

Not always, in this case I did not do it. However I just did in the last try and its working now.
It is still strange that this caused a bug since before the update of today it did work just fine and did not change a lot.

Just a few ores extra and some distance changes. I will go over the settings in game now and will take a look what I did possible did change.

3 months ago

Then hopefully everything is running smoothly again now.

3 months ago

Mod settings:
Startup
- Start resource Jivolite enabled
- Starting resource Crotinnium enabled

Map - Far Reach
- Build distance Bonus 123 > 200
- Reach distance Bonus 123 > 200
- Resource reach distance bonus 123 > 200
- Item drop distance bonus 123 > 200

Map - LTN
- Message Level: 2 > 3 detailed

3 months ago

can you reproduce the error?

3 months ago

At the moment its working fine.

3 months ago

I fixed https://mods.factorio.com/mod/Complex_Science_Pack_Recipes
So no matter which mod settings you use now, should be fixed now. But still interesting how you could "generate" that bug.
The question is: Which mods or mod settings did you use so that the tech 'electricity' is not available when the game starts.

3 months ago
(updated 3 months ago)

The question is: Which mods or mod settings did you use so that the tech 'electricity' is not available when the game starts.

Good question, I think we never will find out. I have noticed that since the reset of mod settings a lot of things are different and better. I blame me for not propperly reinstall the mods and the settings file.

For example: You said something about steam science, I never disabled that, but it was disabled because I used the "vanilla bob/angels" mods. When I installed your modpack, that setting never changed. Same with 'Angels components overhaul' I never enabled it, so when I installed your pack it was disabled, after reinstall settings, its enabled by your modpack.

I never expected that the settings file was so stubborn that it stay even after a reinstall of the game. Kinda asshamed a little, haha.

For people that are getting the same weird experience.

Solution: Remove the mod settings file!

3 months ago
(updated 3 months ago)

Double post, can be removed.

3 months ago
(updated 3 months ago)

Double post, can be removed.

New response