Schmitt | Bob Angel All You Need Modpack ⭐

An "all you need" mod pack! This mod pack is well balanced. It is based on Bob and Angel mods, together with further interesting game changing mods and a well thought collection of quality of life mods.

Mod packs
10 days ago
Transportation Logistics Trains Combat Enemies Environment Mining Fluids Manufacturing Storage Blueprints

g ✅ Gold science cannot be put in lab

1 year, 1 month ago

I am currently playing a game with Schmitt | Full Usage of Bob Angel Items for Science Packs and got to the part where I need gold science which does not work since it will only go into alien labs from bobs. If someone could help as to how I get the other sciences to work with gold it would be greatly appreciated.

1 year, 1 month ago
(updated 1 year, 1 month ago)

So whats the problem?

1 year, 1 month ago

I made changes to bobs labs to allow me to continue but basically after getting to where you need gold science for research I wasn't able to advance anymore. Gold science only works in alien labs which would not work together with the normal sciences in lab1 or lab2 from bobs making any research needing gold science not research. Tried having both alien labs and labs full to see if it would research but no, so had to change normal labs entity file to allow gold science in it which allow me to continue.

1 year, 1 month ago

Please post your code adjustment here so that I can paste it into the mod

1 year, 21 days ago
(updated 1 year, 21 days ago)

Any updates on that issue? Im about to run this problem real soon, and with 14 days of playtime into my save I will not be giving it up.

1 year, 21 days ago

I will take care. Still hope for copy paste though. So, darktblizt? Do you share your code changes?

1 year, 17 days ago
(updated 1 year, 17 days ago)

I am sorry have been busy with work and hadn't check this. Anyways like I said before it was just a minor change to the entity.lua file in C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Factorio\mods\bobtech_1.1.6.zip\bobtech\prototypes\entity if you open the file and scroll down there is a
inputs = {} part where all the allow sciences are, you simply add
"science-pack-gold",
and place it after space science since it gave me issues in any other place.
Hope it helps if you end up having issues with the gold science like I did since I wasn't able to keep on researching until the changes which allow gold science in the same lab as all the other needed sciences for the research.

4 months ago

I am sorry have been busy with work and hadn't check this. Anyways like I said before it was just a minor change to the entity.lua file in C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Factorio\mods\bobtech_1.1.6.zip\bobtech\prototypes\entity if you open the file and scroll down there is a
inputs = {} part where all the allow sciences are, you simply add
"science-pack-gold",
and place it after space science since it gave me issues in any other place.
Hope it helps if you end up having issues with the gold science like I did since I wasn't able to keep on researching until the changes which allow gold science in the same lab as all the other needed sciences for the research.

The dirty fix you used I obviously cannot integrate into my modpack. For that I would have to make a fork of bobs which I will not do. Thus I need to figure out how to fix this in my code of the mod "Schmitt | Full Usage of Bob Angel Items for Science Packs". And yes, of course it has to get fixed. Otherwise you will be get frustrated in the late game.

4 months ago
(updated 4 months ago)

I hope something like

-- enable using gold science pack in labs
table.insert(data.raw.lab["lab"].inputs, "science-pack-gold") 
table.insert(data.raw.lab["lab-2"].inputs, "science-pack-gold")

in my
\Complex_Science_Pack_Recipes\data-updates.lua
is enough... I try ...

4 months ago

Ok. That works :-) Thus the problem is fixed now. https://mods.factorio.com/mod/Complex_Science_Pack_Recipes updated.
Thanks for bringing this up!

New response