Krastorio 2

An overhaul mod focusing on end-game technologies and moderately increased complexity.

Overhaul
6 months ago
0.18 - 1.1
Transportation Logistics Trains Combat Armor Mining Fluids Logistic network Manufacturing Power Storage

g Construction Robots don't work

3 years ago

Hello,

I have a problem with construction Robots. I used Shift+M to make a the Roboport "construction only". Unfortunately, when I place a chest, it says, it is not connected (the blinking "Wi-Fi"-symbol). If I mark something for deconstruction, the Robots deconstruct it, but they don't put it in a chest, and when I blueprint something and put the materials into a chest, they don't pick it up and build it. Am I making something wrong?

Thanks in advance for help :)

3 years ago

I would assume that you need logistics coverage for chest interactions. a single roboport in construction mode wouldn't then be able to do that. you'd need at least 2 roboports.

3 years ago

I also fell into this trap, because the passive provider chest and storage chest are unlocked with construction robotics it seemed logical that roboports in construction mode should also be able to use those chests. I designed a large processing factory to be constructed by bots only to find the chests placed right next to it blinking the no-signal indicator.

For now I fixed it by placing a small advanced roboport (cheaper than a regular one) next to the construction-mode roboport.

It would be nice to have this behaviour documented, or even better if it worked like expected, or give roboports in construction mode at least a small (even just 8x8 or 10x10) logistics range to allow it to take stuff from chests.

3 years ago

Hey there, iread the comments, and I have exactly the same problem as the first comment. I got a blueprint from web, for solar array, and somehow the roboports are too far from each other. I wanted to repair it, changing the mode to construction roboport. Outside of the print, within construction range there are 4 storage chests for wood, stone, and solar stuff i want to be built. If the ports are in const. mode, the not even connect up with each other ( they are in half of max range) so they should.... And the chests are blinking no wifi symbol. If I change the port near the chests to normal mode, the chests will be ok, but they dont connect up with each other. If i deconstruct a tree, drone goes there picks it up, and just hower with the wood, making no storage warning... So how this exactly working? SOmeone made a video, or tutorial? I got over 3k hours in the game (without afk) but i cant figure this out..... Thx

Linver β˜†
3 years ago

Hi Peacem4ker,
nothing that concern mods, ask to Factorio developers.

3 years ago

I'm also confused. Effectively I can't use the construction mode roboports because I can't get them to link to one-another, so they only link to logistics or mixed mode roboports, at which point the combination doesn't provide any extra coverage. If I could chain construction mode roboports to cover my base, that would be useful, but I don't seem to be able to.