VortiK's Deep Core Mining
Sad to see your outposts depleted and empty ore trains on your rails ? No more with Deep Core Mining ! Refactor your mining outpost to give them a new longterm breath !
This mod is designed to aleviate the "depleted ore outpost" and "need to keep building new mining outpost forever" problems without a too cheaty infinite ore solution.
- Adds a new type of equivalent ore resources patches that only spawn in place of depleted field to be mined with specific expensive drills.
- Ore Patches can be mined with high tech drills.
- Moho Mining Drill will yields ore directly.
- Deep Core Mining Drill will yield ore chunks that must be refined to get usable raw ore, more investments but double the ore output per patches.
- Also adds rare cracks resources patches in the world that can be mined with an advanced endgame Advanced Deep Core Mining Drill.
- DeepCore ore from cracks require a two steps heavy refining process to get usable raw ore.
The idea is to repurpose depleted mining outpost when ore is depleted. So the infrastructure is still useful for the investment of resources to replace old drills, adjusting logistics and setting up a refining facility to providing a small but steady infinite source of ore.
- New resources, ore "patches" have a small chance to spawn under depleted ore fields for Iron, Copper, Uranium, Coal and Stone and rare DeepCore Cracks spawn in the world.
- Ore patches and Cracks provide an infinite yield that stays at 100%, however they output Ore Chunks that must be refined in chemical plants to get usable raw ores.
- Ore patches and Cracks can be manually mined to free land and get a burst of resources as the cost of losing the infinite minable spot.
- The Moho Mining Drill (MMD) can mines ore patches and provide raw ore directly, yields as much ore as 10 normal mining drills, not the best but also not much effort to place them in existing outpost as the same logistics can be kept.
- The Deep Core Mining Drill (DCMD) is more powerfull, it will mine the ore patches aswell as much as 20 normal mining drills but it yields ore chunks that require specific logistics and refining consuming sulfuric acid to get ore.
- The Advanced Deep Core Mining Drill (ADCMD) is also animated and has custom sounds. It is used to mine Cracks that yields a specific ore that require a heavy double steps refining to get useable ore. The drill will also consume Deep Core Mining drones to operate.
- ADCMD is designed to provide double the output of a DCMD, however it consumes tons of energy, constant intermediate as fuel and a dedicated refining facility to process Deep Core Ore chunks.
- Deep Core Ore can yields all existing ores in the game that are supported, there are different Focus Refining process available with differents yields, even single ore but it's inefficent.
- Deep Core Mining Drills with output tons of ore to tarnsport and process. Splitters should help at low levels to handle the high ouput of the drills, however at high productivity levels it may be necessary to get creative with chests & stack inserters or one of the multiple loaders mods to keep up with the throughput :
- Deadlock's Compact Loaders : https://mods.factorio.com/mod/DeadlockLoaders (Featured in screenshots)
- Miniloader https://mods.factorio.com/mod/miniloader (Performant & versatile)
- Loader Redux : https://mods.factorio.com/mod/LoaderRedux (Vanilla flavour)
- Angel's Refining mod : https://mods.factorio.com/mod/angelsrefining
- Angel's Petrochem mod compatibility (regarding Sulfuric Acid) : https://mods.factorio.com/mod/angelspetrochem
- Reika's Dirty Mining mod : https://mods.factorio.com/mod/DirtyMining
- Bob's Ores mod : https://mods.factorio.com/mod/bobores
- Clown's Extended Minerals mod : https://mods.factorio.com/mod/Clowns-Extended-Minerals
- Bilka's New Game Plus : https://mods.factorio.com/mod/NewGamePlus
- Arcitos's Simple Silicon : https://mods.factorio.com/mod/SimpleSilicon
- Krastorio 2's Rare Metals : https://mods.factorio.com/mod/Krastorio2
Compatibility contribution provided by DarkShadow44 https://github.com/DarkShadow44 :
- Leighzer's Morphite : https://mods.factorio.com/mod/leighzermorphite
- Pyanodons Raw Ores : https://mods.factorio.com/mod/pyrawores
- Pyanodons Coal Processing : https://mods.factorio.com/mod/pycoalprocessing
- Mylon's Prospector : https://mods.factorio.com/mod/Prospector
Compatibility contribution provided by Brevven https://mods.factorio.com/user/brevven :
Other mods support depending on request !
- NOT compatible with Industrial Revolution : https://mods.factorio.com/mod/IndustrialRevolution
- Minor incompatibility with Filter Mining Drill mod : https://mods.factorio.com/mod/Cursed-FMD : the DCMDPlanner tool will not work to remove ore patches.
- Deep Core Mining is powered by the Factorio Standard Library Project : https://github.com/Afforess/Factorio-Stdlib
- Sementic Versionning provided by semver.lua : https://github.com/kikito/semver.lua
- Graphics for the mining drills are not mine, source : https://www.spriters-resource.com/
- (old) Youtube Spotlight by Xterminator : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtJiC6eGsqI (old version of the mod)
- (old) Youtube Tutorial by Seeeno (German) : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXs94k1FlYM