|Created:||1 year, 11 months ago|
|Latest Version:||1.17.5 (3 months ago)|
|Factorio version:||0.15 - 0.17|
VortiK's Deep Core Mining
Sad to see your outposts depleted and empty ore trains on your rails ? No more with Deep Core Mining ! Refactor your mining outpost to give them a new longterm breath !
This mod is designed to aleviate the "depleted ore outpost" and "need to keep building new outpost forever" problems without a too cheaty ore generator solution. Adds a new type of equivalent ore resources that only spawn in place of depleted field to be mined with specific expensive drill.
- New ore resource "patches" have a 10% chance to spawn under depleted normal ore for Iron, Copper, Uranium, Coal and Stone as well as rare Cracks spawning in the world.
- Ore patches and Cracks provide an infinite yield that stays at 100%.
- Ore patches and Cracks can be manually mined to free land and get a burst of resources as the cost of refining and losing the infinite minable patch.
- High tech animated mining drill, the Deep Core Mining Drill (DCMD) is used to mine ore patches with associated technology and its own intermediate component ; ~16x more expensive to build but ~7x more powerful than a normal electric mining drill.
- Advanced Deep Core Mining Drill (ADCMD) with custom sounds used to mine Cracks that yields a specific ore that require heavy refining to get useable ore.
The idea is to repurpose old mining outpost when ore is depleted. So the infrastructure is still usefull for the investment of resources and time to replace old drills and building new machines while also providing a small but steady infinite source of ore.
- Advanced deep core mining drill to mine rare cracks in the world. Provide infinite ore, but require heavy refining.
Manual planner tool to remove ore patches and cracks from the world to free land or get a boost of refinable resources.
- Drills require sulfuric acid (for uranium and cracks) that must be injected directly with a pump (pipes will not be enough).
- Splitter should help at low levels to handle the high ouput of the drills, however at high productivity levels Drills may require some engineering to keep up via chest & stack inserters or one of the multiple loaders mods :
- Deadlock's Compact Loaders : https://mods.factorio.com/mod/DeadlockLoaders (Featured in screenshots)
- Miniloader https://mods.factorio.com/mod/miniloader (Performant & versatile)
- Loader Redux : https://mods.factorio.com/mod/LoaderRedux (Vanilla flavour)
- Angel's Refining mod : https://mods.factorio.com/mod/angelsrefining
- Angel's Petrochem mod compatibility (regarding Sulfuric Acid) : https://mods.factorio.com/mod/angelspetrochem
- Reika's Dirty Mining mod : https://mods.factorio.com/mod/DirtyMining
- Bob's Ores mod : https://mods.factorio.com/mod/bobores
- MadClown's Extended Minerals mod for Angel's & Bob's : https://mods.factorio.com/mod/Clowns-Extended-Minerals
- Bilka's New Game Plus : https://mods.factorio.com/mod/NewGamePlus
- Arcitos's Simple Silicon : https://mods.factorio.com/mod/SimpleSilicon
- Other mods support depending on request !
- Deep Core Mining is powered by the Factorio Standard Library Project : https://github.com/Afforess/Factorio-Stdlib
- Sementic Versionning provided by semver.lua : https://github.com/kikito/semver.lua
- Graphics for the mining drills are not mine, source : https://www.spriters-resource.com/
- Youtube Spotlight by Xterminator : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtJiC6eGsqI (old version of the mod)
- Youtube Tutorial by Seeeno (German) : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXs94k1FlYM