Schall Alien Tech

Vanilla-friendly extension of weaponry. Not overhaul. Adds alternate weaponry choices from mid-game, which is based on the alien science pack from “Schall Alien Loot” mod. Balanced with vanilla weaponry, and extends end-game with MK3 weaponry (including powered armor and tanks). Also adds two featured weapons from “Doom”: Plasma rifle, BFG 9000. (Locale: English, Deutsch, 正體中文, 简体中文, Русский, Português Brasileiro)

Content
3 years ago
0.16 - 1.1
Transportation Combat Armor Mining Power

b [Responded] Crash when loading with Sqeuak Through (Bug in Squeak Through)

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

I get this crash when loading the game: https://imgur.com/GGyDgrW

3 years ago

The error message looks like the same as another report, since game version 0.18.41.
Yet you have provided an extra information: "Squeak Through".

I am sure without such mod (in my game), the drills graphics is loaded correctly, and the game correctly plays.

Have you reported such error to "Squeak Through"?
I can easily found some users reporting such mod was bugged since 0.18.31.

More over, the error message shows the index is "0", which is rather strange as Lua script language used by this game starts index from "1". So I am guessing something goes wrong in the code of "Squeak Through".
Such mod has not been updated since January, which was a loooong time ago (in Factorio mods standard).

3 years ago

I'll send it to them as well. Usually errors like this are caused by other mods, not Squeak Through.

But if it hasn't been updated in awhile, that could be why. Thanks for checking this

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Squeak Through has outdated code that breaks vanilla electric mining drill, according to the linked report above.

It is easy to see, if you game can load up after disabling Squeak Through.
It can prove if the mod just modify collision box, or has anything to do with modifying graphics.

Update:
The other bug report mentioned the same problem as yours. Zahnfeechen said it is not related to Squeak Through, but from another mod. Please check it.

PS: This discussion board lacks such combine posts functionality.

New response