Outer Rim


Extends the gameplay on Aquilo, Paracelsin,Carna, Secretas and Frozeta. Creates more connections between the planets in this region, and adds a few new technologies to them.

Content
3 days ago
2.0 - 2.1
6.77K
Factorio: Space Age Icon Space Age Mod
Planets Transportation Logistics Trains Character Environment Mining Fluids Manufacturing Power

b Mod not launching

10 months ago

I wanted to describe better what's going on, but launching with Outer Rim enabled loads with errors:
Failed to load mods: outer-rim/prototype/tech-updates.lua:53: attempt to index global 'tech' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
outer-rim/prototype/tech-updates.lua:53: in main chunk
[C]: in function 'require'
outer-rim/data-updates.lua:5: in main chunk

Mods to be disabled:
• outer-rim (0.4.0)

I can't really describe anything better, sorry.

10 months ago

same

10 months ago

Found the typo, fix out soon.

10 months ago

Does not seem to be entirely patched as of 0.4.3:

Failed to load mods: outer-rim/prototype/technology-infinite.lua:29: attempt to index local 'tech' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
outer-rim/prototype/technology-infinite.lua:29: in main chunk
[C]: in function 'require'
outer-rim/data-final-fixes.lua:8: in main chunk

Mods to be disabled:
• outer-rim (0.4.3)

10 months ago

sorry to be repetitive as I have no experience modding Factorio, this exact issue still persists as of 0.8.0 making it impossible to launch the game with the mod:
Failed to load mods: outer-rim/prototype/technology-infinite.lua:29: attempt to index local 'tech' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
outer-rim/prototype/technology-infinite.lua:29: in main chunk
[C]: in function 'require'
outer-rim/data-final-fixes.lua:7: in main chunk

Mods to be disabled:
• outer-rim (0.8.0)

10 months ago
(updated 10 months ago)

I'm gonna need a mod list, also this is completely different from the previous which was indeed on me.
I can also upload a version that explicitly crashes with a human readable message, or tell you how to make it. I'd like to know what is happening here.

10 months ago

I think I have a fix for whatever is happening there, and it also looks like planetslib's last release was broken.

10 months ago

Planetslib is now fixed.

10 months ago

I see the update, let me install it real quick and let you know if it's fixed.

10 months ago

If it still doesn't work, I'll launch it standalone and work out the dependency issue.

10 months ago

Update: that seems to have fixed the loading issue :D
Sorry for not supplying much useful information, but that was it. I can load the mod now, and the FTL ship unlocks and Orbital cannon have been modified as intended.

10 months ago
(updated 10 months ago)

Update: that seems to have fixed the loading issue :D
Sorry for not supplying much useful information, but that was it. I can load the mod now, and the FTL ship unlocks and Orbital cannon have been modified as intended.

I don't like doing it blind like that, but the info was just enough. :)

This thread has been locked.