Exotic Industries

Progress through 6 ages of technology, starting with steam and tame exotic matter in the end. Adds various game mechanics, a variety of new resources and big machines. Compatible with Krastorio2.

Overhaul
5 days ago
Transportation Logistics Trains Environment Mining Manufacturing Power

b Hypercooler gives nitrogen and liquid nitrogen

21 days ago
(updated 21 days ago)

I've just got to beacons and had to set up liquid nitrogen for it, but whenever i try to put nitrogen through the hypercooler it gives both liquid nitrogen and nitrogen gas - it even puts them in the same pipe network.

Putting a pump in front also results in the same outcome.

There may be some clever solution with circuits to fix this but I am yet to find one after trying for a couple of hours.

This isn't a huge deal now as beacons aren't a make-or-break right now, but seen as liquid nitrogen is used in 3-4 late game datas to gather it will most likely be a problem at some point.

thanks in advance,
Somodi

EDIT: I tried having the two pipe networks purposely connect - which you can't do by hand but bots can for some reason - and this temporarily fixes things but then I guess the game realises what's happening and the whole thing stops. Additionally, even with pipes showing there is two liquids in the pipes, nitrogen gas always takes priority and therefore doesn't allow things like beacons to work or speed modules to craft.

21 days ago

I've just got to beacons and had to set up liquid nitrogen for it, but whenever i try to put nitrogen through the hypercooler it gives both liquid nitrogen and nitrogen gas - it even puts them in the same pipe network.

Putting a pump in front also results in the same outcome.

There may be some clever solution with circuits to fix this but I am yet to find one after trying for a couple of hours.

This isn't a huge deal now as beacons aren't a make-or-break right now, but seen as liquid nitrogen is used in 3-4 late game datas to gather it will most likely be a problem at some point.

thanks in advance,
Somodi

EDIT: I tried having the two pipe networks purposely connect - which you can't do by hand but bots can for some reason - and this temporarily fixes things but then I guess the game realises what's happening and the whole thing stops. Additionally, even with pipes showing there is two liquids in the pipes, nitrogen gas always takes priority and therefore doesn't allow things like beacons to work or speed modules to craft.

use insulated pipes for liquid nitrogen.

New response