Schall Alien Tech

Vanilla-friendly extension of weaponry. Not overhaul. Adds alternate weaponry choices from mid-game, which is based on the alien science pack from “Schall Alien Loot” mod. Balanced with vanilla weaponry, and extends end-game with MK3 weaponry (including powered armor and tanks). Also adds two featured weapons from “Doom”: Plasma rifle, BFG 9000. (Locale: English, Deutsch, 正體中文, 简体中文, Русский, Português Brasileiro)

Content
3 years ago
0.16 - 1.1
Transportation Combat Armor Mining Power

i Could you remove the required dependency on Tank Platoon?

3 years ago

Title. I don't want the extra tanks, just the tech.

Would it be possible for you to make it an optional dependency instead of required?

3 years ago

Title. I don't want the extra tanks, just the tech.

Would it be possible for you to make it an optional dependency instead of required?

Or add a config option to Tank Platoon to disable all the tanks?

3 years ago

That would require a fundamental structural change in multiple mods, including Schall Tank Platoon, Schall Alien Tech, Schall Ammo Turrets, Schall Gun Pod, Schall Missile Command, Schall Geowarfare, and perhaps some that I missed.
If there are nothing else (new mods, new features, bug fixes) to do, maybe it is possible.
But for now is the time for 1.0 new features like Spidertron, and a few promised mods (planned a few months already) that I do not have time to finish.
I guess my time will be worth spending on the new mods and features, rather than removing tanks that do nothing in gain (other than saving a few slot who just hate tanks.)

In the mod options, users can disable the tanks MK1, MK2, MK3 series. So only the basic tier tanks show up. Are even that too much for you (and any others who keep requesting me to remove dependency)?

Tanks are IMO the main fighting force (esp. for expansion) since they are introduced. (From early-mid game to artillery availability is a quite long period.) So I want to know, without the tanks, how do you expand your territory? Relying on OP Power Armour or turret creep?

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Yes I think I said that, I've disabled all of them but the variations (light & heavy versions of each, flame tanks, etc.) are still there.

I just don't like all the clutter of tech I'll never use, but want the alien tech.

And I have other combat mods installed (I'm playing through Krastorio 2 rn), as well as just ignoring enemies for the most part until the earlier stages of late-game.

Only ever used a tank once, when I first got the game ~5 years ago.

Anyway, as I said if you're able to add an option to disable all non-vanilla tanks I would love that.

New response