Schall Alien Tech

Vanilla-friendly extension of weaponry. Not overhaul. Adds alternate weaponry choices from mid-game, which is based on the alien science pack from “Schall Alien Loot” mod. Balanced with vanilla weaponry, and extends end-game with MK3 weaponry (including powered armor and tanks). Also adds two featured weapons from “Doom”: Plasma rifle, BFG 9000. (Locale: English, Deutsch, 正體中文, 简体中文, Русский, Português Brasileiro)

Content
3 years ago
0.16 - 1.1
Transportation Combat Armor Mining Power

b [Solved] Failed to load mods: electric mining drill - in combination with FE+ Machines

4 years ago

Mods to disable:Failed to load mods: Error while running setup for entity prototype "electric-mining-drill" (mining-drill): next_upgrade target (Schall-uranium-mining-drill) must have the same fast_replaceable_group (mining-drill != electric-mining-drill).

Mods to be disabled:
• FactorioExtended-Plus-Machines
• SchallAlienTech

4 years ago

I don't understand why properties of vanilla electric mining drill has to be changed like that by FE+ Machines 0.4.1.
IMO, this is unnecessary and only to prevent other mods from working.
By briefly looking its code, I can expect FE+ Machines 0.4.1 is going to break a lot of other mods as well.

Alright, I will have an extra check in the next release.
OR should I just initiate an EDIT WAR, by adjusting vanilla electric mining drill back to ensure it is in vanilla state: fast_replaceable_group = "mining-drill"?

PS: IMO, vanilla entities should not be altered. UNLESS the following cases:
1/ Changes are clearly stated in its changelog or mod main page.
2/ Changes are provided as options that users can still select not to.
3/ The mod is clearly stated as an overhaul that will change many vanilla things. (e.g., Angel, Bobs, Krastorio, etc.)

4 years ago

Ok - i've also put the same message on JimmyJon github

4 years ago

Should be fixed by both 0.17.17 & 0.18.1, which I just uploaded.

New response