Schall Alien Tech

Vanilla-friendly extension of weaponry. Not overhaul. Adds alternate weaponry choices from mid-game, which is based on the alien science pack from “Schall Alien Loot” mod. Balanced with vanilla weaponry, and extends end-game with MK3 weaponry (including powered armor and tanks). Also adds two featured weapons from “Doom”: Plasma rifle, BFG 9000. (Locale: English, Deutsch, 正體中文, 简体中文, Русский, Português Brasileiro)

Content
3 years ago
0.16 - 1.1
Transportation Combat Armor Mining Power

i [Solved] Paticle beam

5 years ago

All of (normal) particle beams seem too weak.
It can't be an option for alternative of gun-turret even if i need particle weapon without AOE.

5 years ago

Thanks for your feedback.
Yes, certainly this mod needs some balancing (as stated in FAQ), and you are the first one talking about this.

What you mentioned about gun-turret has troubled me a lot when making new weapons (not only to this mod). The "additional" gun-turret damage bonus would either make non-turret weapons (hand gun, vehicle gun, defense equipment) too weak and/or vanilla turrets too strong. New turrets (like particle turret) not having this "additional" damage bonus suffer like the non-turret weapons.
I guess there are three solutions:
1. Apply turret damage bonus (like gun turret bonus) to all particle turrets. But the handheld guns (plasma rifle) and tank guns (particle tank weapons) do not benefit from it, so still stay weak.
2. A general buff to base damage of particle ammos. May make it stronger in low level, but still weaker in endgame where gun turret damage bonus are applied.
3. Bigger bonus to particle damage techs.
Which solution(s) do you prefer?

5 years ago

The "Physical damage" technology increases damage of vanilla-clips and gun-turret.
It means the "particle damage" technology should to increase damage of particle-clips and particle-turrets.
So i think a solution like 1 is appropriate in this case.

In 0.17, spits of worm and spitters are avoidable.
I think it certifies value of mobile firearms even if that weaker than fixed turrets.

• note *
    I found the damage-bonus for particle-turrets other than damage-bonus for particle-clips in bonus GUI.
    But, that didn't work for entitiy of particle beam turret.
    It might be a buggy information by some other MOD.
5 years ago

I was prefering solution 3 a bit more, especially for higher bonus in higher levels.
But your point convinced me, I will analysis how to do with solution 1.

But want to ask if you are already using the "refined" clips, and still find it inadequate?
They have +50% damage over "standard" clips.
Although they are more expensive, they are made of basically "free" resources.

I am sure I don't have any damage-bonus to particle turrets, up to current version.
But I get some similar bug like what you mentioned, when loading a save game from 0.17.16.
Actually, I NOW get different behaviour from loading my "same megabase save game", but saved in different versions...
- 0.16.51: No damage bonus for any particle turrets. (As expected. It should be the normal case.)
- 0.17.4: Same as above 0.16.51. (So still normal.)
- 0.17.6: ONLY force cannon got +190% damage bonus. (It should not appear!)
- 0.17.7: Same as above 0.17.6. (Bad too.)
- 0.17.16: OTHER 4 particle turrets EXCEPT force cannon got +190% damage bonus... Also messed up the vanilla gun turret to +160%... (Should be +190%!) Artillery turret and wagon got +190%... (Should not have any!)
Conclusion?
I have not touched the technology or damage bonus part since Alien Tech 0.17.0 update, so it can't be from me.
And from the pattern above, it seems the source comes from vanilla game 0.17.5 update (the big and buggy update about mining productivity changes...) and the consequence updates which tried to correct those bugs...

So, do you have an old save from 0.16.51 or before 0.17.5? Please load it and tell me if the damage bonus is messed up or not.

5 years ago

Hi, I'm sorry for respond bit later.
I couldn't have a timing to confirms these in detail.

I was convinced by your analysis about buggy display values.
But I have no saved game before 0.17.5 with this MOD.
So I can't report about that.

That aside, I think that's good about you are positive for solution 1.

5 years ago

After all the waiting, the particle turret damage upgrades are finally implemented, in recent release of 0.17.4.

I am just "copying" the setting of vanilla gun turret upgrades by now. Personally, I feel the turret damage upgrades make the turrets a bit OP.

New response