Unfunny Science

(BETA) Entire game overhaul, ~900 more recipes. Makes the chemistry and industrial processes more "realistic" while trying to keep fun factor. Almost every recipe has a few byproducts to deal with, making even green circuits a challenge to automate.

Overhaul
10 months ago
Logistics Environment Mining Fluids Circuit network Manufacturing Power

g Silica Nemesis

10 months ago

Silica seems to be VERY hard to come by. I am at the purple Hectate stuff and so many items in that chain and in the crucible/brick chain require silica, but the available recipes are like tears in the ocean.

On the other hand, I am drowning in sand, crushed quartz, ash, and iron oxide. Nothing is getting consumed because science has been stopped for ages because Logistic science has so many requirements.

And why cannot silica come from regular sand??? The only way to get it is from the pure/rich sand, which isn't workable at this stage of the game.

10 months ago

For silica (and quartz), check silicon treatments 1 and 2.
Sand -> mineralized water -> flarestack.
Process iron oxide into iron plate, then excess: iron plate -> iron ingot -> iron plate.
Ash with waste processing 1 ash -> stuff -> ash (except soot)
All technologies require only green ore and red science packs.

10 months ago

Katherine of Sky please update this mod to the latest version and try again. As seen on your Episode 15 of this mod playthrough you were late
at least 2 versions behind ! Few things has been fixed and sorted.

Version: 0.1.04
Date: 06. 03. 2023
Changes:
- Silica can be aquired in more ways

In my save i use this
Crushed Sandstone to get silica sand (+2 items) and Silica from silica sand (+2 items)

10 months ago

Uch. . . Problems from older versions. . . That are already solved.
My bad, i didn't check my mod version.

10 months ago

@Sindelin, I have had to record ahead significantly because I am on holiday in Sweden. I also am very avoidant of updating major mods because they can break the entire factory

10 months ago

Makes sense, but since this mod is very early in development you should probably update it whenever you play.

10 months ago

Btw, the easiest silica recipe is (crushed quartz & water) -> (silica & pure sand) if you do not mind holding onto pure sand

10 months ago
(updated 10 months ago)

@KatherineofSky
Yes i am aware of that you play several episodes ahead or more so before you go on vacation.
but...
As i have heard in your Episode 16 you have returned and still on 1.0.3 version. Episode 17 still on ver 1.0.3.
not minding that you had other earlier days to check for updates.

Also this mod clearly states that it is in beta, so there will be biters, spiters, worms and engineers working on it, so you cant expect to pick some 1st version and think you can play it till the end.

i could say few other things here, but i will cut it. leave it for another discusion maybe.

10 months ago
(updated 10 months ago)

@KatherineofSky
Since you have been on version 1.0.3 still in Episode 19. i decided to Unsubscribe from your Youtube channel and delete all my YT history with your channel.

So my YT is not related to yours. I will rather watch Nilaus, he has far more cleaned episodes.

I will not coment on your strugling with this mod pack anymore. You have been told few times to Update this and you refuse it. So you dont need my money from my youtube views.

10 months ago

Wow, what's A Response. But be aware of Kathrin's feelings.

10 months ago

I know my second response may be harsh but ... i dont care.
She has been told few times that hers problems are fixed in the updated versions of this mod.
She refused to update because of reasons.
Now she hitted an roadblock and complained about it again most likely from 1.0.3 standpoint, again she has been told to update.
But if she done that i dont know.

Anyway as I have sayd it i have done it. I have removed all mentions of KoS channel way back into 2019. Maybe in a few years i will watch her again.
and last thing . i was never subscriber to hers YT channel or patreon.

10 months ago
(updated 10 months ago)

locked because of thread derailing

This thread has been locked.