Pyanodons Alien Life

Adds farming, ranching, and pharmaceutics into Factorio. It's extremely unethical but also extremely profitable. WARNING! This mod will greatly enhance and extend the rest of the pY mods. Expect a 1000+ hour long game!

Overhaul
10 hours ago
1.0 - 1.1
Transportation Logistics Mining Fluids Logistic network Manufacturing Power

b Error when placing Slaughterhouse MK01

5 months ago

Hi,
the mod worked fine for a long time, but at some point I get the error message (unfortunetaly in half german):

Die Mod Pyanodons AlienLife (2.0.0) hat einen Fehler verursacht, der nicht behoben werden kann.
Bitte informiere den Autor der Mod über diesen Fehler.

Error while running event pyalienlife::on_gui_opened (ID 88)
Unknown item name: zipir
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'add'
pyalienlife/control.lua:142: in function 'create_sh_animal_table'
pyalienlife/control.lua:180: in function 'create_slaughterhouse_gui'
pyalienlife/control.lua:668: in function <pyalienlife/control.lua:654>

This happens when placing a slaughterhouse MK01, although it worked in the past. I just placed it and clicked on it, before selecting a recipy.

Is this known? How can I overcome this issue?

Many thanks

5 months ago

are you using newest mod versions?

5 months ago

I am using AlienLife + AlienLife Graphics 1 to 3 all in version 2.0.0.
Be aware that this was not the first slaughterhouse I have placed. All before went fine.

Do you recommend to update the mods? I hope this will not mess up my game save.

5 months ago

2.0 is over 1 year old: https://mods.factorio.com/mod/pyalienlife/downloads - im not sure is still supported.

Probably you need to upgrade to newest versions of Py mods (all - not only this one).

Be aware that this was not the first slaughterhouse I have placed. All before went fine.

Do you upgraded your Factorio version recently? That may have caused it

5 months ago

As I play factorio via steam, the upgrade comes automatically. But if I remember correcly, I think there were some upgrade some weeks ago (not sure where I can look it up).
Anyways, thanks for the hint. I will try to upgrade and check if it still occurs.

5 months ago

OK I did upgrade the mods.
Looks like the error does not occur now. But as I feared a few recipies are different. So I have to rework a subset of my base.
Still I am happy that the game can continue :)

5 months ago

Yep, those old versions can be very unstable. Glad you got it fixed

New response