🌐 Planetaris: Arig

by Syen_ce

Arig, a hot planet with vast deserts where only valuable resources can be found underground or in the sand.

Content
5 days ago
2.0 - 2.1
30.8K
Factorio: Space Age Icon Space Age Mod
Planets Transportation Logistics Environment Mining Fluids Logistic network Manufacturing Power Storage

g Cactus plastic production and seeds

a month ago
(updated a month ago)

The current cactus plastic production line does not seem like it accounts for cactus seed production needs. Am I missing something with its production chain?
Cactus plastic production does not give seeds, and since each cactus harvest gives 5 cactus and wood processing is 20% chance for seeds, without productivity, you'd need to put all cactus you get into making cactus wood. With the base productivity of the press this means that for any cactus plastic you'd need 3x more cactus agricultural towers just to supply the seeds, which feels unintended. It ends up bottlenecking the planet significantly by requiring lots of land usage for cactus. I do like that it requires processing some wood to get seeds and potentially using circuit conditions to make sure its always stocked but it feels like each cactus plant should yield a lot more cactus per harvest or there should be some other way to get more seeds per cactus.

a month ago
(updated a month ago)

Hello,
I have the same problem...
It seams that for me the receip of the press (Cactus wood compression : 1cactus -> 1wood + 20% 1seed) do not exist in my press receip list.
Is it the same for you?
(PS : I've try to force it with a constante combinator but it don't work...)

a month ago

Hello again!
I have unlock the receip with the consol command
/c game.player.force.recipes["planetaris-compression-cactus-wood"].enabled=true
It work, but i don't think it is legit...

5 days ago

Are you playing using any planet start?

a day ago
(updated a day ago)

Im having a similar issue. Cactus plastic recipe is way too expensive. I have a small base and 6 agricultural towers arent even enough to provide enough for it. Not using any planet start.

Edit: i lied i had a splitter set the wrong priority lol

a day ago
(updated a day ago)

I will say however that the wood price for the new rocket biofuel is incredibly expensive.

New response