Exotic Industries

Progress through 6 ages of technology, starting with steam and tame exotic matter in the end. Adds various game mechanics, a variety of new resources and big machines. Compatible with Krastorio2.

Overhaul
5 days ago
Transportation Logistics Trains Environment Mining Manufacturing Power

g Manual assembling speed vs Assembling machine

a month ago

This is my first time trying out the mod and I'm enjoying it so far. I noticed today that an electron tube can be created manually quicker than an assembling machine 2 and wondered if this was a bug. I don't think video games need to necessarily be realistic but I had just always assumed any assembling machine could assemble anything faster than the manual process. Since testing other items to see if the disparity was consistent wouldn't give me an answer, I thought I would use the time to post here. Obviously, not a big issue in the grand scheme of things but I'm just curious if this was intentional to ease the early game when players are heavily incentivized to "...play the game wrong." :D

a month ago

This is my first time trying out the mod and I'm enjoying it so far. I noticed today that an electron tube can be created manually quicker than an assembling machine 2 and wondered if this was a bug. I don't think video games need to necessarily be realistic but I had just always assumed any assembling machine could assemble anything faster than the manual process. Since testing other items to see if the disparity was consistent wouldn't give me an answer, I thought I would use the time to post here. Obviously, not a big issue in the grand scheme of things but I'm just curious if this was intentional to ease the early game when players are heavily incentivized to "...play the game wrong." :D

Should be fine. Normal assemblers have crafting speed like 0.5 and 0.75 even in vanilla so they are always slower then a player with 1.

New response