Exotic Industries

Progress through 6 ages of technology, starting with steam and tame exotic matter in the end. Adds various game mechanics, a variety of new resources and big machines. Compatible with Krastorio2.

Overhaul
a day ago
Transportation Logistics Trains Environment Mining Manufacturing Power

g What are those heat symbols next to oil refineries?

1 year, 9 days ago

Thanks for the mod, I'm enjoying it! I wanted to know what those things on the side meant: https://i.imgur.com/PatpeV7.png

1 year, 9 days ago
(updated 1 year, 9 days ago)

The oil refineries require heat to function instead of electricity. You can burn crude oil in fluid heaters, and then use low capacity heat pipes to bring the heat to the oil refineries. It's similar to how nuclear reactors power heat exchangers in vanilla. You will also need to do this for the distillation towers. Later, you get access to advanced distillation towers and oil refineries that run on electricity instead of heat.

Just fyi, you can also burn other oil byproducts in the fluid heaters to get heat. Lubricant and lubricant destilate don't seem to work though.

1 year, 8 days ago

Thank you very much for the explanation! I also noticed the heat signals can also be heat outputs, kinda like boilers with the little in/out arrows, but without the arrows.

New response