Exotic Industries

Progress through 6 ages of technology, starting with steam and tame exotic matter in the end. Adds various game mechanics, a variety of new resources and big machines. Compatible with Krastorio2.

Overhaul
7 days ago
Transportation Logistics Trains Environment Mining Manufacturing Power

g Am I missing something with the "Gauss" Module

1 year, 20 days ago

I've been enjoying the mod thus far, but the gauss module is bugging me. It's described as the God module, but the speed penalty is so intense that it can't be offset with tier 2 beacons filled with speed modules. An extra few percent productivity doesn't seem worth that penalty over prod 6. Am I missing something or is there something wrong with the balance of that module?

1 year, 20 days ago

you can put it in nearly every recipe, where normal prod modules wont work. Its really OP.

11 months ago

This confused me, too. Perhaps the wording of the description could be clearer on the benefit.

The god module. This module can be used in any machine that accepts productivity, but is not restricted on certain recipes.

To something like:

The god module. This module can be used in any machine that accepts productivity, even for recipes that do not normally allow it.

Thanks for the cool mod! I'm having fun working my way through it.

6 months ago

Still doesn't seam worth it? Am I wrong?

6 months ago

You can, for example, barrel and unbarrel lubricant to convert power into lubricant, creating it from thin air without requiring oil or an oil refinery.

It seems to give a productivity boost to everything that can be made in an assembler and appears on the "material refining" page, most of which was put there because the process is reversible in some way and can be made into a loop.

New response