Exotic Industries

Progress through 6 ages of technology, starting with steam and tame exotic matter in the end. Adds various game mechanics, a variety of new resources and big machines. Compatible with Krastorio2.

Overhaul
6 days ago
Transportation Logistics Trains Environment Mining Manufacturing Power

i Research cost modifier with Additional Research

1 year, 1 month ago

Hello,

I Like this Modpack alot and enjoy it currently with a handful of other people via the Factorio Discord (at the time of Writing i spent 9 hours and 40 minutes in it and reached the Electrical Age).

While i was configuring mod Settings with other mods like a handful of QoL mods i noticed that due to added research the costs get quite high relatively early which i somewhat mitigated with the current cost scaling presets. Is it possible to change the "Additional technology cost multiplier" by a percentage or decimal value to make fine tuning more viable.

Alternatively making it able to excluded certain technologys or make it increase after "X" amount of research could be done (although this i can imagine is somewhat harder to do within LUA).

1 year, 1 month ago

Hello,

I Like this Modpack alot and enjoy it currently with a handful of other people via the Factorio Discord (at the time of Writing i spent 9 hours and 40 minutes in it and reached the Electrical Age).

While i was configuring mod Settings with other mods like a handful of QoL mods i noticed that due to added research the costs get quite high relatively early which i somewhat mitigated with the current cost scaling presets. Is it possible to change the "Additional technology cost multiplier" by a percentage or decimal value to make fine tuning more viable.

Alternatively making it able to excluded certain technologys or make it increase after "X" amount of research could be done (although this i can imagine is somewhat harder to do within LUA).

I think the multiplier is an int setting currently so no. I will evenutally add some more scaling profiles.

4 months ago

Yeah it would even work if it was so that only tech that advances the age increase the cost, so that researching QoL tech doesn't make the rest of the game exponentially more difficult

3 months ago

If increased costs were restricted to age-progressing techs then it would be a good mechanic I think. Right now it applies to all of the cosmetic mods, which means they're kindof pointless since no sane engineer would nerf their factory by researching unneeded tech.

New response