Cargo Ships

Adds massive cargo ships to the game, that function similarly to trains. Also adds deep sea oil, oil platforms, tanker ships, train bridges and other water based content.

Content
5 months ago
0.16 - 1.1
Transportation Logistics Trains Mining Fluids Power

g Adding a new option dependency

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

I have taken up the Hovercraft mod and updated it for 0.17. In doing so I had to rename the mod to Hovercrafts. Which isn't covered under your mod's option dependency. Version: "?Hovercrafts >= 0.17.02",

There is a conflict that I haven't haven't worked out yet, but is fixed if my version is added as an optional dependency. It will fix an issue that Hovercrafts seems to cause not allowing one to place the boat.

I thank you for your assistance and will see if I can work through it in my version as well.

5 years ago

Cool that you updated the hovercraft mod! i was thinking of doing it also, but did not have the time to do so!
I added the new version of the mod as an optional dependency.

5 years ago

I understand. It was a great mod and I love to play on the Factorio World map and these two go together perfectly for that.

Thank you for adding it to help resolve the issue.

5 years ago

This fix works for placing boats, which is excellent, but now I'm seeing a new problem.

With just Cargo Ships enabled, i'm able to exit boat and 99% of the time it works fine. Once in a long while it'll place me inside the bounds of the boat, which I cannot move around in, so I have to enter the boat again to try exiting to shore.

With Cargo Ships + Hovercrafts, exiting almost always causes me to be standing inside the boat and unable to move. I can exit the boat successfully maybe 1% of the time.

Tested this again by removing all other mods but these 2 mods, I can enter the boat, but exiting it causes me to be stuck inside 99% of the time. Almost never does it let me exit to shore.

Does this happen to anyone else?

5 years ago

fixed

5 years ago

Can confirm that it is working fine now, with all mods enabled. Thank you!

3 years ago

I believe I have resolved the issue between cargo ships and my Hovercrafts mod. You should be able remove my mod from the dependency list, but feel free to confirm on your end before doing so just in case I missed something.

New response