Yuoki Industries

Please use together with Yuoki Industries Engines for best experience ! adds more content like generators, ressource-transformations, machinery, turrets ...

Overhaul
1 year, 11 months ago
0.13 - 1.1

g Let's collect suggestions to fix existing balance issues in Yuoki Industries

3 years ago

Hello everyone,

I am currently playing Yuoki and see quite a lot of balance problems. For example, recipes in Obninsk reactor are messed up - simple recipe gives 50fluid/sec, while the most expensive one gives 200fluid/20sec, i.e. 10/sec.

As I understand, mod author does not have time to carefully re-balance everything until Factorio 1.0 is out. But I think, we can try to help him and start collecting balance suggestions already now.
If you have any - please post them here.

And I can even try to implement all these suggestions as a separate mod on the portal. And YuokiTani can either reuse it for "the main branch" later or I will depreciate it once the core mod is fixed.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

I will start myself.
It seems that recipes in Obninsk reactor have to be re-balanced.
I feel that is is required to keep expensive fluid usage as is, but speed everything up.

Recipes:
1. The basic one only requires water and gives 50Hydralic fluid per second. Keep as is.
2. Second recipe requires a bit of nuclear material and gives 100fluid, but only in 15 sec.
Change to 100 x 15 = 1500 fluid in 15 sec.
3. Most expensive recipe requires both nuclear material and infused stuff (Transmuted UCA2) and gives 200fluid in 20 sec.
Change to 200 x 20 = 4000 fluid in 20 sec.

3 years ago

Maybe the Forum is the better place to collect all these together ?
https://forums.factorio.com/viewforum.php?f=70
It would also easier to work on the issue-list and mark things done off.

3 years ago

I've just been looking at the Obninsk Reactor recipes in the light of your comments above.

Once you have used the Yuoki power systems enough to understand the concepts behind them, it becomes clear that the first recipe is intended to be the main recipe. This generates enough Hydraulic Fluid to keep two of the biggest generators producing power constantly.

The other two recipes are primarily intended to produce the different upgraded fuels for the process as the Obninsk Fuel Cells are consumed extremely rapidly.

Given that these are their primary purpose, the generation of Hydraulic Fluid then becomes a by-product of the process, which can be added to the power system to power extra generators in the system.

The intention is to design a loop which converts prepared fuel into the irradiated form is washed to create the finished fuel cell and then inserted into an Obninsk Reactor using the 1st recipe to generate hydraulic fluid to power a turbine.

So, sadly, your idea wouldn't work IMO.

New response