Schall Tank Platoon

Adds different classes and tiers of tanks in-par with power armors, having vehicle equipment grid. Aims to fill the gaps the vanilla game should have. Not overhaul nor OP. Vanilla oriented and balanced. (Locale: English, Deutsch, 正體中文, 简体中文, Русский, Português Brasileiro, Español)

Content
6 months ago
0.16 - 1.1
Transportation Combat

i [Solved] ad turrets?

5 years ago

wish there where turrets aswell to consume the new ammunitions

5 years ago

Do you mean an autocannon turret?
It's doable, but the problem is I'm not an graphics artist so I can't make a nice new set of turret animations.
I will see if someone is willing to make/share their graphics so I can use.

A temporary way would be to use an autocannon pod (from my another mod Schall Gun Pods), which is an equipment to be installed on a tank.
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/SchallGunPod

5 years ago

but those can only be placed in your vehicles right?
i meant turrets to place as wall defense which consume the ammo types you added..
but sure wouldnt be nice without proper animations. :/
anyway your tanks rock

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

EDIT: See below

5 years ago

i don´t want to be the stinker in the room but....
from a slim 195KB in 0.16.4 to a whooping 3,92MB in 0.16.4
what has been added to the mod, would have been better as a stand alone mod i guess... just like your other stuff...i.e. gun pod, tank woodcutting, mutations,
[all awesome mods btw.]

the turrets...the sinper... and the cargo truck... why??? (ok it was a request but...but..but.. myhead->desk)
(have taken the mod out, maybe will re-add it, if gets a slim down back to the tanks only [notruckeitherthatthingwasandISstilluglyAF]

5 years ago

It's alright, it sounds you prefer smaller file size rather than more turrets instead.
(Right, the file size increase primarily comes from the new turret and the cargo truck sprite sheets.)
But you have a very good point, making it modular so players can choose.

It's late in the night for me now, but I will separate them into two separate mods tomorrow.
Thanks for your feedback, please come back to check tomorrow or the day after.

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

EDIT: See below

5 years ago

@SounLee
The turrets and cargo truck has been removed in the re-uploaded 0.16.5 update. The file size is reduced accordingly. There are still some minor improvements over 0.16.4, so please take a look.

@gnrl_stor
The new turrets are available in another mod "Schall Ammo Turrets": https://mods.factorio.com/mod/SchallAmmoTurrets
Please download that for the turrets.

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

i had some time to test it.
it´s awesome that the sniper uses the "standard vanilla" ammo, even incendary ammo (mod) works. [best ammo choice due to the very low fire rate (dps) of the sniper rifle the burning damage is needed]

but with the same ammo, even the starter gun is faster to kill biters/spawners with, the only plus is the range wich is.. only in very rare ocassions helpfull...
like tower creep to get rid of biters, fire only on the spawners from a distance and everything that comes to you gets shredded by the towers behind you.

i´m realy sorry to say that but, the sniper would be better placed in your derfense tower mod (with a tad more DPS to be a real helper)
(or with some other weapons, in a seperate one)
why would i use tower creep, when i have a bunch of tanks to choose from :3

[i play with carfully picked and balanced ~180mods, the test was in creative vanilla with some modded ammos no other changes]

the notifications on craft are working and are a good addition.
language wise... don´t know russian or chinese. i could help out with german though

great work and thanks for the slim down ^^

edit: ich glaube bei der übersetzung brauchst du keine hilfe von mir xD... ich häts alles auf deutsch schreiben können oder?

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

Thanks for the feedback.
For the sniper rifle, the great range (36!) is really a lot with unavoidable bullets. So it must be balanced in some way, so fire rate needs to be nerfed.
For PvE, the worms are very dangerous before modular armor and personal shield comes out. Sniper rifle will comes really handy. In multiplayer game, there could be some team work, like a sniper fire will lure all the biters/spitters away, so teammates can rush in to destroy spawners with less interference from biters.
For PvP, it would even be of greater use: to take out unalerted enemy team players, or things that are dangerous in mid-range, like laser turrets. I can already imagine this to be put under several uses, like harassment tactics, production disruption.
If nerfing in fire rate does not come in place, it can easily get overpowered and make many other weapons useless.

If you just play PvE and don't like this gun, just ignore it.
Sniper rifle is not for everyone, just like real-world one. It is not an "assault" weapon, of course, so you won't find it good for assault style. But it can become very useful if someone knows how to use it.

But I am really sure PvP players will find some good uses out of it, yet still neither useless nor overpowered.

EDIT: Yes, I can do the German translations fine. You can type comments in German and I can read them, of course. ;-)
Yet I prefer to type in English because I believe the most players can understand it.
Für Spieler, die nur Deutsch sprechen, kann ich natürlich auch auf Deutsch schreiben.

5 years ago

ok, got your point there... and the language wise thing is a good point too^^
i already have aranged me with it. ->set things on fire from a distance. (incendary ammo)

thinkingaboutamininukeammomod --maybe same as artillery explossions..too expensive to be used in automatic weapons...mumblesandcrawlsbackunderherdeskbeefingwithlua*

New response