Pyanodons Alien Life

Adds farming, ranching, and pharmaceutics into Factorio. It's extremely unethical but also extremely profitable. WARNING! This mod will greatly enhance and extend the rest of the pY mods. Expect a 1000+ hour long game!

Overhaul
17 hours ago
1.0 - 1.1
Transportation Logistics Mining Fluids Logistic network Manufacturing Power

b Reproductive Complex

1 year, 24 days ago
(updated 1 year, 24 days ago)

Hello

To get py science pack 1 you need some amount of Latex and that require Formic Acid.
There is only one recipe available to get it (at that time) and it's from Vrauk
But for Vrauk you need Vrauk Cocon which is being made in Reproductive Complex
All of those buildings/recipes are available but Reproductive Complex requires Concrete - which is also available at that time but require Burner Assembly Machine mk02+ or Automated Factory - and those require py science pack 1

So unless you are willing to create multiple Vrauks from dna sample (in my case ~150) you cannot get Reproductive Complex. I don't think that's by design and with that I believe that Concrete should not be required for Reproductive Complex or there should be building available earlier (i.e. high pressure furnance mk01) that can create concrete (as Burner Assembly Machine mk01 can't use water)
There is an recipe with Lime + Rich Clay + Water in High Pressure Furnance (enabled in py-coal-processing) being shown in FNEI but it does not point to any research recipe and it's not possible to select in HPF

1 year, 24 days ago

(as Burner Assembly Machine mk01 can't use water)

it absolutely can. i just double checked it to confirm that its definitely able to.

1 year, 24 days ago

(as Burner Assembly Machine mk01 can't use water)

it absolutely can. i just double checked it to confirm that its definitely able to.

But I still can't select concrete as product in it - FNEI says it requires Burner Assembly mk02 or mk03

https://ibb.co/TrXLX2X

https://ibb.co/VMkrqY1

I've upgraded factorio to 1.1.78 and got latest py mods to make sure that it's not something changed in the past version.
I have enen disabled all other mods than py
and still requires BAM mk02+

1 year, 24 days ago

Something is wrong with your concrete recipe. It shouldn't contain iron sticks. Which is throwing it over the item limit in the mk1.

The correct version is lime, sand, gravel, and water.

1 year, 24 days ago

Thanks for this tip - that's exactly it and I've found out the reason

thxbob.lib.recipe.add_new_ingredient("concrete", {type = "item", name = "iron-stick", amount = 2})

And I've found that Bio Industries has setting to disable recipe altering (as startup one)
Now I can build Reproductive Complex thanks!

New response