Pyanodons Alien Life

Adds farming, ranching, and pharmaceutics into Factorio. It's extremely unethical but also extremely profitable. WARNING! This mod will greatly enhance and extend the rest of the pY mods. Expect a 1000+ hour long game!

Overhaul
11 hours ago
1.0 - 1.1
Transportation Logistics Mining Fluids Logistic network Manufacturing Power

g The farming mechanic disappoints.

1 year, 1 month ago

After trying out a few less extreme mods non of which i liked
i decided to give Py without AL a try and so far it was complete overhaul experience i had in this game.
This entire pack has so much better pacing with its unlocks than anything else i gave a try.

After 20 hours and shortly before green science i went ahead and started a new map with AL active.
The farming mechanic sound great. However to me it seemed obvious that i would only ever need
1 or 2 of each building once they're stuffed full of "their" module.

After 4 hours i was ready for the Forestry.
I was quite disappointed that putting all the Moss i had collected merely brought the Farm up to normal speed.
I expected something north of 10.
So im going to need what? a dozen or more just for the Moss farms.
The Forestry itself is 5 times bigger than the Botanical Nursery but i still need one of the later for every 2 of the former.
Kind of hillarious that it called "Fastwood".
And you cant even craft the Tree-Module by hand so you have to jank a setup on the side until the Forestry is full.

Py without AL felt like a challenge. Recipes looked daunting but meaningful.
So far ive only seen 2 of the Farms. But those 2 look like they were designed to be obnoxious on purpose.
A slow buildup only works if there is a payoff at the end.

I even suspected for a moment that you are supposed to automate the module production
so you can easily and without manual intervention add extra Farms later.
But since the inserter dont take modules into slots thats not it either.

On an unrelated note:
You should make powerless Inserters a thing for all tiers.
With those giant buildings it looks shit to have a net of powerpoles around
just to reach all the Inserter.

1 year, 1 month ago

I think your initial expectations may have set you up for disappointment. The concept is closer to "more plants growing = faster yield" than any sort of exponential increase. That being said, the combination of modules and the more complex growing recipes (e.g. adding ash to the wood growing recipe) does give you quite a benefit - you often get both a speed and yield increase.

11 months ago
(updated 11 months ago)

I even suspected for a moment that you are supposed to automate the module production
so you can easily and without manual intervention add extra Farms later.
But since the inserter dont take modules into slots thats not it either.

You can easily do that with bots and mod like https://mods.factorio.com/mod/CopyPasteModules

11 months ago

After 4 hours i was ready for the Forestry.
I was quite disappointed that putting all the Moss i had collected merely brought the Farm up to normal speed.
I expected something north of 10.
So im going to need what? a dozen or more just for the Moss farms.
The Forestry itself is 5 times bigger than the Botanical Nursery but i still need one of the later for every 2 of the former.
Kind of hillarious that it called "Fastwood".
And you cant even craft the Tree-Module by hand so you have to jank a setup on the side until the Forestry is full.

In early game (on first and second level of science packs) you have access only to "slow" means of production. But on higher levels of science packs you get access to :
- better builidngs (more speed multiplier and space for more modules)
- higher level of plants and animals. For example "Tree mk01" gives +100% speed, but "Tree mk02" gives +200% (2x times faster) etc.
- better recipes. First level of recipe can give for example production rate of 0.1 items per sec (1 item per 10 seconds) , but next level can give you 1 item per second and better efficiency (more stuff per ingredient).
- beacons
- T.U.R.D.'s - unique global upgrades. For example you can choose one of the 3 Moss upgrades - each gives you different bonus, but you can only pick one per game.

Each of those points above should be multiplicative so if you combine them all then on higher levels (mid game and late game) you will enjoy orders of mgnitude faster production. Is kinda satysfying :)

New response