Pyanodons Alien Life

Adds farming, ranching, and pharmaceutics into Factorio. It's extremely unethical but also extremely profitable. WARNING! This mod will greatly enhance and extend the rest of the pY mods. Expect a 1000+ hour long game!

Overhaul
3 days ago
1.0 - 1.1
Transportation Logistics Mining Fluids Logistic network Manufacturing Power

b T.U.R.D upgrades do not apply to machines inside Factorissimo2 Factories

3 years ago

PyAlienLife 1.12.4; Factorissimo2 2.5.1; Factorio 1.1.30

I have a factory with a bunch of machinery inside Factorissimo2 Factory buildings, including several Factory buildings holding Slaughterhouses. I researched the Slaughterhouse Upgrade tech, and selected an upgrade from the T.U.R.D (Mercy Killing). I then noticed that the Slaughterhouses placed inside my Factory buildings were not getting the upgrade's bonus effects. However, the Slaughterhouses which I still had outside on the main Nauvis surface were getting the bonus.

I suspect the T.U.R.D upgrades aren't generating beacons for machines placed on non-Nauvis surfaces.

3 years ago

ya pretty much. other than factorissimo there really isnt any mods that use multiple surfaces and i kind of forgot about factorissimo. if you can send me your save so i can use it for testing. currently reworking the code to fix some issues with the farms and i want to check the performance for multiple surfaces before releasing it.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Here's my current file. I left a map tag, Factory Slaughterhouses, of where I noticed the problem. (It's a Factory Mk2, with several Factory Mk1 inside, with several Slaughterhouses inside each.)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/102Lzz_ZDZL75hrxkzn0LbQbcbjyyfQKi/view?usp=sharing

It was interesting to me that the "disable farms with no modules" code works correctly on Factorissimo surfaces, but the T.U.R.D beacon spawn code doesn't.

(Also as a note, I am exploiting the "crop modules work in mining drills" bug in this save, so you might see some amusing behavior related to that.)

3 years ago

It was interesting to me that the "disable farms with no modules" code works correctly on Factorissimo surfaces, but the T.U.R.D beacon spawn code doesn't.

well the disable farms code only needs to check the entity and its module inventory. that information isnt surface related and is just in a big table that read down like a list. the turd has a part where when you add an upgrade it needs to add a hidden entity and you have to specify the surface where you want it. normally its always on the nauvis map so i just put it the default and didnt do any checking if it wasnt.

New response