Pyanodons Alien Life

Adds farming, ranching, and pharmaceutics into Factorio. It's extremely unethical but also extremely profitable. WARNING! This mod will greatly enhance and extend the rest of the pY mods. Expect a 1000+ hour long game!

Overhaul
3 days ago
1.0 - 1.1
Transportation Logistics Mining Fluids Logistic network Manufacturing Power

b TURD crash

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

The mod Pyanodons AlienLife (1.10.2) caused a non-recoverable error.
Hi,
I tried to upgrade the data array with the new techs and selecting from the TURD one of the options I got the following crash with the message

Please report this error to the mod author.

Error while running event pyalienlife::on_gui_click (ID 1)
pyalienlife/control.lua:2137: attempt to index field 'turd_master_frame' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
pyalienlife/control.lua:2137: in function <pyalienlife/control.lua:2085>

Happy new year in the meanwhile!

P.S.: A follow-up question, when I close the menu with the 3 options without choosing one, how can I get back to that menu? I am trying to use the ctrl+t menu but selecting either the tech or the entity of the data array does nothing.

3 years ago

you should be able to open the turd menu with control t and then select the tech on the left side and it will display the options again

3 years ago

im looking into the crash as well

3 years ago

Hi,

thanks for the quick reply!
When selecting the tech nothing happens, I am trying to push all the available buttons but I have no results, maybe I am missing something.
https://imgur.com/WclmXrn

Cheers.

3 years ago

can you send me your save please. it should be populating any researched techs

3 years ago

Here it is, thank you very much for your time!

https://we.tl/t-n7BUvbhA4X

3 years ago

The mod Pyanodons AlienLife (1.10.2) caused a non-recoverable error.

pyalienlife/control.lua:2137: attempt to index field 'turd_master_frame' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
pyalienlife/control.lua:2137: in function <pyalienlife/control.lua:2085>

3 years ago

and if i close it i cant open it from tech tree again

thanks for help

3 years ago

Hi

its me again lol before you send new update out delete the TODO list from ) it dont belong in )

hoping for a fast fix

thanks

3 years ago

Hi,

it's me again. When trying to drag the ctrl+t menu around I got this error

The mod Pyanodons Coal Processing (1.8.9) caused a non-recoverable error.

Error while running event pycoalprocessing::on_gui_click (ID 1)
pycoalprocessing/scripts/wiki.lua:151: attempt to index local 'tab' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
pycoalprocessing/scripts/wiki.lua:151: in function 'topic'
pycoalprocessing/scripts/wiki.lua:336: in function 'handler'
stdlib/stdlib/event/event.lua:342: in function 'pcall'
stdlib/stdlib/event/event.lua:362: in function 'dispatch_event'
stdlib/stdlib/event/event.lua:438: in function <stdlib/stdlib/event/event.lua:396>

Cheers

3 years ago

ive put out a new patch please update and let me know if your still having issues

3 years ago

Now I can select one of the 3 choices, when I do this the menu that asks for confirmation shows up and if I confirm, it works.
However I got the same crash as before if I choose to not confirm instead.

Also, the ctrl+t menu shows the tech only if I already made the relative choice: if I close the menu that appears as soon as I research the tech then the ctrl+t menu is empty, while if I choose one of the options the ctrl+t menu shows the tech.

Cheers

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

hi
it doesnt work in tech tree i cant open a allredy researhed tech.

tryed to change the key to but still doesnt work.

can you make a fix button to click like you added how to open turd in FAQ but it needs to open allredy research tech to select for it after you research in tech tree. its no need that is opens up from alone after you research it.

i done 5 researches in row and just the first open in turd window stays other 4 dont show up after i choice the first opened window.

3 years ago

Hi,

I've got the same issues described earlier in this thread:

1) 3 Choices are appearing only when opened automatically right after corresponded research is complete. Manual opening via Ctrl+t always shows empty window.

2) Trying to drag empty window produces a crash like:

pycoalprocessing/scripts/wiki.lua:151: attempt to index local 'tab' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
stdlib/stdlib/event/event.lua:438: in function <stdlib/stdlib/event/event.lua:396>

Thank you for your mod and if I can help with reproducing - just let me know.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

The mod Pyanodons AlienLife (1.10.3) caused a non-recoverable error.

LuaEntity API call when LuaEntity was invalid.
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'index'
__pyalienlife
/control.lua:2240: in function <pyalienlife/control.lua:2085>

that pops up when i wanna select one upgrede for creature chamber upgrade

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

all upgrades do the same when i wanna confirm the upgrade. it crashes the game with this

stack traceback:
__pyalienlife/control.lua:2240: in function <pyalienlife/control.lua:2085>

3 years ago

ok. ive uploaded 1.10.5. i completely removed some code that was causing the majority of the issues and made some tweaks so the techs should show up now. please update and try it and if your still having issues please send me a copy of your save file as you likely have some bad data now and ill need to look at what it is so i can do a migration for everyone.

3 years ago

Updated to the 1.10.5 and I am not able to reproduce crash via dragging the TURD ui etc. But it still empty when opened via Ctrl+t.

3 years ago

Btw. maybe it will help - I've started my game before TURD was added to pyalienlife mod.

3 years ago

Also just tried to perform random clicks + drag's in the empty TURD window and got the same crash as previously:

stack traceback:

3 years ago

But it still empty when opened via Ctrl+t.

this was somewhat expected. the normal migration isnt triggering the nessary events to update what i need it to. ive got a save with the same issue now and i working on a migration to fix it. had to stop the crashing to find out what wasnt being loaded. will have a update for that shortly.

on the tab problem im still not able to replicate it so fixing that is still a work in progress just slow going as im not sure exactly whats breaking it. also its a separate issue in pycoal so is being slightly held up by getting the turd sorted out first.

3 years ago

Perfect. Thank you for your work. Feel free to ask if you need some help

3 years ago

ok 1.10.6 is up and it should migrate save files now. i got one file that i tested that already had research center upgrades researched and it shows up now if you press ctrl t to open the turd menu.

3 years ago

Tested on my save file and it works. Already researched but not selected upgrades are shown via ctrl+t. Thank you.
Also I am able to 100% reproduce crash in pycoal now. Here is the image: https://imgur.com/6H5LcO7

To reproduce you just need to open TURD via ctrl+t and then click exactly on the border of the window (red lines on the image).

3 years ago

Thank you very much, now the turd menu works! :)

I've got some reports though. I found other small crushes when trying to press back on the confirmation menu, but this is now a small issue and in the standard situation it works. The only cases I was able to find are when trying to go back in the first screen right after the tech is research and when trying to go back after the turd menu is closed.

For what I saw the tech with the simik that adds recepies works, however the tech that should change the stats of the data array does not seem to affect the building.

I will also be arrogant enough to propose something. If it is not an intended feature I would find it nice if one could see the options on turd even before the relative tech is researched. Another thing I think could be useful is if it would be possible to highlight somehow the option that is chosen on turd.
These are just suggestions, the whole idea as implemented is very nice!

Thank you again and happy new year!

3 years ago

however the tech that should change the stats of the data array does not seem to affect the building.

Was it the productivity ones? Probably missing the allowed effect i think I found 1 other like that and im going to double check them.

I will also be arrogant enough to propose something. If it is not an intended feature I would find it nice if one could see the options on turd even before the relative tech is researched.

Planning to add it realized after release it was kinda dumb not to have. Just trying to get the bugs fixed first before I tweak that.

Another thing I think could be useful is if it would be possible to highlight somehow the option that is chosen on turd.

Also working on adding that. If if notice it sets the buttons to green or red during selection and I just got to figure out the best way to store that choice for later. Getting it working right was slightly hire priority then making it pretty.

3 years ago

hi

turd works fine now but there is no efect from upgrade building
speed and prod dont change the building speed or prod. it stays the same.

3 years ago

Updated to the latest PyAL and getting a crash that says

The mod Pyanodons AlienLife (1.10.6) caused a non-recoverable error.

Error while running event pyalienlife::on_nth_tick(20)
stack traceback:
__pyalienlife
/control.lua:1422: in function <pyalienlife/control.lua:1394>

This occurs roughly 5 seconds after loading.

3 years ago

hi

turd works fine now but there is no efect from upgrade building
speed and prod dont change the building speed or prod. it stays the same.

ya several others have also alerted me to this and it seems buildings are missing some allowed effects for everything to work. im checking them all over and will get an update out asap.

3 years ago

Updated to the latest PyAL and getting a crash that says

The mod Pyanodons AlienLife (1.10.6) caused a non-recoverable error.

stack traceback:
__pyalienlife
/control.lua:1422: in function <pyalienlife/control.lua:1394>

This occurs roughly 5 seconds after loading.

uh. ok im looking into this and ill get a fix out as soon as i can.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

hi
king a ?
i reserched like 20 and i didnt opern any of them. but im seeing that more and more have recepis lets say that 1 of 3 has a recepi with it but not all get it.
so my ? is do all get recepis or are there some without recepis ?

thanks for all the work that you doing )

i remmeber somthing stupid after the first update when migrated i lost some recepis i needed to re-reserh pheromones and assisted-embryology to get all recepis back. i hope it helps you a bit

3 years ago

so my ? is do all get recipes or are there some without recipes ?

the ones that unlock recipes should show what recipe they unlock not every single option with unlock a recipe. could be all 3 choices unlock a seperate one or only 1 option will unlock a recipe.

3 years ago

ok uploaded a new version of pyal and pycp. they should fix the crashing from an invalid entity and the "tab" crash. ive also added the missing effects to the buildings that need them so they should be getting the full effects of any of the upgrade choices.

3 years ago

You are so crazy to upload a fix today but I really appreciate that. And I believe that's not only my feeling. Thank you. I am not able to reproduce any previous bugs anymore. Everything works like a charm.

3 years ago

hi
its working the same no changes if the building is placed alredy. but if i place a new building than it changes the speed or production upgrede.

Thank you again and happy new year!

3 years ago

hi

so if you wanna change from MK2 to MK3 building and you have a upgraded MK2 a invisible becon is in the way so you need to pick up the MK2 then place MK3 down.

3 years ago

On the latest PyAL I am getting this

The mod Pyanodons AlienLife (1.10.7) caused a non-recoverable error.

stack traceback:
__pyalienlife
/control.lua:1449: in function <pyalienlife/control.lua:1394>

3 years ago

On the latest PyAL I am getting this

The mod Pyanodons AlienLife (1.10.7) caused a non-recoverable error.

stack traceback:
__pyalienlife
/control.lua:1449: in function <pyalienlife/control.lua:1394>

1.10.9 should fix this.

New response