Pyanodons Alien Life

Adds farming, ranching, and pharmaceutics into Factorio. It's extremely unethical but also extremely profitable. WARNING! This mod will greatly enhance and extend the rest of the pY mods. Expect a 1000+ hour long game!

Overhaul
2 days ago
1.0 - 1.1
Transportation Logistics Mining Fluids Logistic network Manufacturing Power

g moss drop too low

3 years ago

Hello,

I start a new game and I like the new moss/sap/tree/seaweed module idea.
At beginning I drop too many sap. This issue was corrected, and now it's okay.
On the contrary, moss drop seems too painful.

First not all rock drop moss (I discover this in the debug tooltip => sandy rock, huge rock for example).
Second, I think drop chance seems to be too low. There are not so many rocks in starting game. And if your are unlucky like I was, It was so painful after mining more than 20 "good" rocks that I enter console to spawn one moss ;-)
Today I drop a moss from rock (so it does exist !!!)

I know balancing is difficult !
Ty so much for pyanodons mods !!

3 years ago

The drop is low, but you only need one to get a production of more started, so guess the low drop rate isn't that bad. I recently started a map there for some reason has next to no rocks, so i just went hunting for moss while i waited for some production to complete, didn't take that long, compared to everything else in this mod pack :)

But good to hear you found one and good luck with the rest of your playthrough :)

3 years ago

Well the big issue is it was supposed to be on all rocks and when I fixed a compatibility issue it seems to have removed them from most rocks. I need to fix that if we are going to keep the rate so low

New response