Hextorio - Build in hexagons


Expand your hex territory. Loot dungeons. Complete quests. Level up every item in the game. Trade your way to victory. Get rich.

Overhaul
12 days ago
2.0 - 2.1
6.54K
Factorio: Space Age Icon Space Age Mod
Transportation Logistics Combat Enemies Environment Mining Manufacturing Storage

i Trains Grid

8 months ago

Hi,
I tried to make a nice grid for trains and the rails are off mark. I tried to make a blueprint to be easier to copy and paste the shape (to work around the hexagons) but I can make something that is useful. Does anyone tried to make something nice and pretty or just went to the classic grid for trains?

I do not know if you can change the size of the hexagons to make it fit, I really do not want to start a new map :(

8 months ago

This comes down to the fundamental difference between rational numbers and irrational numbers. Rails are rational, hexagons are irrational. It's impossible to do what you're intending to do without regenerating the world with stretched hexagons to have a rational stretch. And as of right now, Hextorio does not yet provide a way to tweak that. I will eventually add it. It just takes a ton of precise mathematical work.

8 months ago

Ok, then I will just do a messy rail network :)))

New response